These Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños are the perfect easy appetizer. Something anyone will love!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
You guys know how much I love appetizers. I would live on them if that was a responsible adult choice. At the top of this list would be these Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños – the perfect easy appetizer. Their filling is only six ingredients!
The mixture of sausage and cheeses is the perfect hot and cool combination in the spicy jalapeño. This is one of those recipes that you will come back to over and over when celebrating the holidays at home. It is a recipe that everyone will want the recipe for!
That being said, the spicy Italian sausage I use combined with the jalapeño itself gives these guys a kick. Sometimes recipes like this can kick up my heartburn. If you also suffer from frequent heartburn, I suggest you try Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets (ODT).
Omeprazole ODT, is used to treat the symptoms of frequent heartburn, and comes in handy during then holidays. It has a nice strawberry flavor, and dissolves on your tongue, so you can take it anywhere without water. Using Omeprazole ODT is a great way to relieve heartburn and continue to enjoy all those great appetizer recipes, along with anything else you might be craving. Learn more here.
Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn (occurring 2 or more days a week). May take 1-4 days for full effect. Not intended for immediate relief.
Sausage Stuffed Jalapeño Ingredients
As mentioned above, these little guys only have six ingredients!
- Hot Italian Sausage
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
A key step in this recipe is deseeding the jalapeños. It is just a few simple steps. Check out the video in the recipe card below to watch it unfold.
- Cut the jalapeño in half.
- Use spoon to scrape out both the seeds and the ribs of the jalapeño. That is where most of the heat is, so you want to take out both.
I highly recommend using rubber gloves for this step of the recipe. The juice from the jalapeños gets to be a lot, and you will likely taste it on your fingers for hours to come.
Making Ahead of Time
This is a great recipe to prep ahead of time. Follow the recipe through step 4. Cover the stuffed jalapeños and put them in the refrigerator. Then pop them into the oven right before you plan to serve.
These little guys are great on their own, but they are also delicious dipped in a sauce. I would recommend either Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing.
Other Great Appetizers
If you make these Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 pound jalapeños sliced in half and deseeded (approximately 15 peppers)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, break up the sausage and cook until browned. Drain the fat from the sausage completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage, cream cheese, and shredded cheeses.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the amount into each of the jalapeños halves.
- Place on the rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.