This easy Skillet Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is a simple easy 25 minute meal that your family will love. Perfect for busy weeknights.
I’m excited to be working with Knorr® to bring you this great easy dinner.
As much as I like cooking from scratch, there are so many weeknights – especially during the busy school year – that isn’t practical. On nights like that, it is so great for Nathan and me to have meals with short cuts. For our family, its a much better solution than ordering take out.
This Skillet Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is the perfect delicious example. Made with Knorr Chicken Broccoli Rice side dish, this recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and is so delicious. It is just about the fastest comfort food you can make.
Side dishes from Knorr come to the rescue, making it easier to put a warm and comforting dinner on the table even on the busiest of nights. They make perfect side dishes, but also by adding a few other ingredients can be the backdrop of a fast dinner.
You all know how much we love shopping at Meijer, and the fact that they have home delivery makes them even better. It makes our busy lives a little easier. And between August 8th and 28th you can buy 3 Knorr® sides and get 1 free!
Simple Ingredients for this Chicken Broccoli Recipe
I love that this recipe comes together so quickly with ingredients I almost always have on hand.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken Stock
- Knorr® Chicken Broccoli Rice Side Dish
- Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Skillet Chicken Broccoli Casserole
This recipe has just a few simple steps. It is so easy, one of my kids could make it. Plus, using the Knorr® Side Dishes makes this dinner so fast!
- Sauté the chicken in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in some garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the Knorr® Chicken Broccoli Rice Side Dish and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and reduce to a simmer, cooking covered for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and enjoy!
Why Chicken Stock
It is really easy for fast dinners to lack the depth of flavor that cooking something all day brings. Chicken stock is a great solution! Cooking the rice in chicken stock instead of water adds a great depth of flavor.
Cooking the Chicken
When making this recipe we want to make sure the chicken gets cooked perfectly. You can do that by cooking it and then removing it from the pan while cooking the rice.
However, I thought it would be easier to keep it in the skillet as the rest of the recipe cooks. Therefore, when you are cooking the chicken, you only need to cook it for 3 minutes. It will have cooked on the outside, but will not have cooked all the way through.
The rest of the cooking time of this recipe will cook the chicken all the way through, making it moist and tender, but not overcooked.
The cheese in this recipe isn’t absolutely necessary. But it adds in a good flavor at the end. The heat from the dish will melt the cheese, so no need to turn the heat back on.
Other Fast Dinners
If you are looking for other quick dinners, here are a few of our favorites:
If you make this Skillet Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – or any of my other recipes – please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
Skillet Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 large head)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5.5 ounces Knorr® Chicken Broccoli Rice Side Dish
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer visibly pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broccoli, Knorr Chicken Broccoli Rice Side Dish, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat (so that bubbles are still visible, but the heat is low), and cook for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 2 minutes. Then remove the lid and stir in the cheese. The dish will still be plenty hot allowing it to melt easily.
- Serve and enjoy!