This Steak Fajita Soup Recipe is going to be your favorite new comfort food! This soup recipe starts with my fajita seasoning recipe and is like a delicious steak fajita as a warm bowl of comforting soup that you will want to make all winter long!
You guys, I have the most soul crushing cold. Dramatic? Perhaps. Also, I would argue, totally accurate. You guys, I can’t breath. Or sleep. And most soul crushing of all . . . . food doesn’t taste good. You would think this would be good for my waistline, but I’m stubborn and just keep trying different types of foods until I find one that does taste right.
I guess it’s just that time of year when soul crushing colds run rampant and what you really need is a nice bowl of comforting soup, one of my favorites is my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. My hope for you, dear friend, is that you don’t have a soul crushing cold. And if you do, that you can still taste the delicious goodness of food, because you need to make this Steak Fajita Soup ASAP.
What Makes this Steak Fajita Soup Perfect
It has come to my attention recently, after posting my Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, that I am a bit of a soup addict. Its the original one pot meal and there are so many different things you can do with a good bowl of soup. I love this soup recipe because the flavor for it comes from my homemade fajita seasoning recipe. I love that recipe because I have enough to make the size you buy in the packet at the store and a recipe for a big batch so that you can always have it on hand.
How to Make Steak Fajita Soup
- Toss the stew meat (or steak if you prefer) with flour – this gives the soup a nice creamy quality
- Cook the meat in batches.
- Cook up peppers and a red onion.
- Add fajita seasoning and beef stock and return the meat to the pot.
- Let the soup simmer and then enjoy!
More Great Soup Recipes
If you are a soup addict like me then you will want some of these other great soup recipes!
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- New England Clam Chowder – everyone says this is the BEST!
- Jambalaya Soup
Steak Fajita Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound stew meat
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 32 ounces beef broth
- Whisk together the flour and black pepper. Lightly coat the pieces of meat in flour.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Then add the beef to the pot in batches, cooking until browned and removing from the pan. Do not overcrowd the beef and cook it all at once.
- Once all the meat is cooked and removed from the pan, add the apple cider vinegar and deglaze the pan, scraping up all the brown bits. Then add the vegetables and garlic, sautéing until tender and soft, about five minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan, stir in the fajita seasoning, and then add the beef broth. Bring the soup to a bowl and then turn down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and all of your favorite fajita toppings.