This Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is made totally from scratch, so it is rich, delicious, and totally comforting. This is the best homemade chicken noodle soup recipe! Made with tender bone in chicken thighs, thick and delicious egg noodles, and fresh vegetables, your family will want you to make this soup for them over and over. If you are looking for a slow cooker recipe for chicken noodle soup, then try this crock pot creamy chicken noodle soup. And if you *really* want to mix things up, try this crock pot creamy buffalo chicken noodle soup! All three would be delicious with this three ingredient beer bread.
WHEN YOU REALLY NEED HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
I’m excited to be working with Puffs and Vicks. Their products, perfect for cold and flu season, are available at Walmart. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.
Earlier this week I arrived home at 1 am in the morning after spending a super fun weekend with some amazing bloggers learning how to do all of this a whole lot better. But guys (cough) I didn’t exactly get enough sleep. I’m going to blame the altitude in Colorado and not poor life choices. But either way, now I’m battling a cold.
Guys, I kind of feel like I’m always battling a cold. It might have something to do with never getting enough sleep and living with tiny walking petri dishes.
Either way, whenever I start to feel cold symptoms, I totally use some NyQuil at night to help me get some sleep. It seriously helps me.
And of course, in addition to getting rest, drinking a lot of water, and using products that help me get some rest and feel better . . . you need some delicious homemade chicken noodle soup to make you feel better.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This chicken noodle soup recipe is perfect for when you aren’t feeling well or you just need a little extra comfort. It starts with browning some chicken thighs and then adding in vegetables, seasoning, and delicious egg noodles. It makes for such a delicious dinner.
Even my pickiest eater loves this chicken noodle soup!
And I’m sure that your family will love it too!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 TBSPs butter
- 1 lb bone in chicken thighs
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 a yellow onion diced
- 1/2 TBSP dried thyme
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces frozen egg noodles see note
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add them to the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and discard the skin. Remove the pan drippings, reserving 2 TBSPs and returning it to the pan.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic to the pan. Add the seasoning, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. The soup should have just a very slight bubble to it.
- Remove the chicken and bring back to a boil. Add the frozen noodles and simmer for 20 minutes (or according to package instructions).
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it. When the noodles are done cooking, return the chicken to the pot and serve!
More delicious homemade soup recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of P&G . The opinions and text are all mine.