This Baked Cream Corn Casserole tastes like comfort in a bowl! It is the perfect easy side dish for a weeknight meal or even a holiday side dish. With just 15 minutes of prep time and a few simple ingredients, you will make this corn pudding casserole over and over again. Serve it next to the top round roast beef and the roasted honey glazed carrots!
The other day I was looking through an old church cookbook that my great aunt gave to me. My great aunt was this incredible woman who I adored like a grandmother.
She was the oldest child of my great grandmother’s sort of second family. After losing her husband just 2 months after she arrived in the United States, my great grandmother reluctantly decided to stay in this country and help care for a sick relative with my then 12 year old grandmother.
Can you imagine? Being a widowed single mom in a country that was completely foreign to you? Thank goodness I come from a long line of amazingly strong women because she decided to stay. If she wouldn’t have, I would be here and I wouldn’t have this recipe to share.
CLASSIC BAKED CORN CASSEROLE
This Baked Cream Casserole is the type of recipe that has been around for ages and has been passed from family member to family member. It has so many different iterations, so many spins on the jiffy corn casserole, if you look for it on the internet. But this is the one that came out of our family’s church cookbook and it is a winner!
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY CORN CASSEROLE
As I mentioned, this recipe has just a few simple ingredients and it is so easy to throw together.
- sour cream
- can of corn
- can of cream style corn
- box of muffin mix
Seriously could not be more simple. And I’m not lying when I say that just looking at those ingredients is making me drool. This corn pudding casserole is just so delicious.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SWEET CORN CASSEROLE?
- Beat together the butter and eggs. You want to make sure that the butter has cooled from cooking so your eggs don’t start cooking when they hit that warm butter.
- Beat in the sour cream.
- Add in both cans of corn, the muffin mix, and the water.
- Pour everything in a casserole dish and bake for an hour
Do you see how easy this baked cream corn casserole is? It is no wonder that it is a recipe passed down through the generations and worthy of a spot in the church cook book.
Baked Cream Corn Casserole
- 16 ounces unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour ceram
- 8.75 ounces can whole kernel corn drained
- 8.5 ounces can cream style corn
- 8.5 ounce corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and eggs. (Make sure that the melted butter has cooled some what so that the eggs don't start cooking as soon as they hit the warm butter.)
- Beat in the sour cream.
- Add in both cans of corn (making sure the whole kernels are drained), muffin mix, and water. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for one hour or until the sides turn golden brown ad the middle has set. Serve warm.
Other great side dishes