This Cajun Chicken and Rice Casserole is the perfect delicious dinner! With my Cajun seasoning it has the absolute perfect flavor.
Chicken and Rice Casseroles are such an easy dinner. Even better, you can make so many delicious spins on this casserole. I particularly love this Cajun spin. The sausage adds a great texture, and the spices are perfection.
Love this but want another spin on it? Make my Southwestern Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole!
How to Make Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Sauté the andouille sausage and then the vegetables.
- Mix the Cajun Seasoning, rice, chicken, tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup right in the casserole dish. Then add in the sausage and vegetables.
- Bake it all up and enjoy.
The Best Cajun Seasoning
The key to this recipe is my Cajun Seasoning. It is a delicious blend of paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes.
I love making my own seasoning mixes because you can control things like salt and heat. If your family doesn’t like spice, cut down on the cayenne pepper and leave out the red pepper flakes.
This recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of my Cajun Seasoning. That is the same amount as my small batch recipe in the homemade Cajun Seasoning post.
Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
I have a great recipe for homemade condensed cream of chicken soup that works perfect in this recipe. It tastes better than what you can buy from the grocery store and is done in about 25 minutes.
All that being said, if you are in a pinch, grab the can. Family dinner together is more important than everything being from scratch.
Other Great Cajun Recipes
Because I can’t get enough of those Cajun flavors, I have other great recipes you can make after this one. They are all listed in my Cajun Seasoning post, but I would personally start with my:
If you make this amazing casserole or any of my other great cajun recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Cajun Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 pound chicken breasts raw and diced
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 21 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup (or make a double batch of my homemade condensed cream of chicken soup)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skilled over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the sliced andouille sausage and cook for about three minutes, stirring to allow both sides of the sausage to brown.
- Add in the garlic, onions, and bell peppers, and stir cooking for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, combine the chicken soup, tomatoes, cajun seasoning, and rice in the casserole dish.
- Add in the chicken and cooked veggies and sausages and stir to combine.
- Cover the dish and bake for 55 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!