This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Brie Recipe is a simple appetizer that looks and tastes fancy. Sweet chocolate and berries, tangy brie cheese, a perfect combination!
If you want to wow your guests at your next party, make this gorgeous Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Brie Recipe. Everything you need to know about this recipe is right there in the title: rich chocolate drizzled over plump strawberries, served over tangy, warm baked brie. And if you’re feeling fancy, serve with crackers, bread chunks, or wafers.
TWO VERSIONS, ONE DELICIOUS APPETIZER
This baked brie recipe actually went through two versions. The first version involved creating a strawberry syrup with frozen berries and sugar that you pour over the cheese and then top with melted chocolate. It tasted absolutely divine! But, it looked rather unappetizing. I mean, it looked horrible. I tried taking pictures of it and they didn’t at all represent how delicious this recipe truly was. So I went back to the drawing board and came up with version two: less chocolate, fresh berries instead of frozen, served over the baked brie. It’s also really delicious and photographs way better! But it’s different than the first version. So I’m going to give you both versions. A two for one today!
I can’t wait to hear which version of this baked brie recipe you prefer! Let me know in the comments below.
VERSION ONE: FRESH BERRIES AND CHOCOLATE
- This baked brie recipe is the version that is photographed here, so you’ll know what it will look like.
- Bake the round brie cheese at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While it’s baking, make the chocolate sauce by combining chocolate chips and heavy cream in a bowl and microwaving on half power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Top the brie with chocolate sauce.
- Slice some big, beautiful fresh strawberries and add them to the top of the chocolate sauce.
- Serve with crackers or bread.
VERSION TWO: SWEET STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- For this sweeter baked brie recipe, you’ll bake the brie cheese just as you would for the first version.
- This one calls for frozen strawberries. You’ll heat those frozen berries in a saucepan over medium heat until they start to break down and bubble.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and stir some more.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until that chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- When the brie is hot and bubbly, top it with the chocolate sauce, then the strawberry sauce. Serve it with crackers.
- It won’t look like the photos you see on this post. But it will taste glorious!
MORE BEAUTIFUL BRIE RECIPES
I love entertaining with baked brie recipes! The mild cheese is always a party hit and you can dress it up so many different ways. Try some of these recipes:
- Orange Honey Baked Brie Recipe
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Honey, Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta
- Cranberry Brie Crescent Braid
- Brie Nutella Rolls
Serve this gorgeous Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Brie Recipe for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or just a random girls’ night. I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of this sinfully rich recipe! Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Brie
- Version You See Photographed
- 8 oz brie baked for 15 minutes at 350
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 2 TBSPs heavy cream
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sweeter Version
- 8 oz brie baked for 15 minutes at 350
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 TBSPs sugar
- 1/4 cup 2 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your brie in the middle of an oven proof dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the version you see photographed, while the brie is baking microwave the heavy cream and chocolate chips on half power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is smooth. When the brie is finished baking, top with the chocolate and strawberries and serve with crackers.
- For the sweeter version, while the brie is baking, in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat the frozen strawberries until they just begin to break down and bubble. Stir in the sugar to combine. Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream and microwave on half power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is smooth. When the brie is done baking top with the chocolate and strawberry sauce and serve with crackers.
LEAVE A COMMENT