This Disney Dole Whip with Rum is just like the magical treat you get in the happiest place on Earth, but the grown up version! There are only four Rum Dole Whip ingredients so you will want to make this anytime you are itching for a sunny warm vacation!
Well folks, we have been home for a FULL week, and I still can’t say that I’m acclimated back to regular life. Each day I wake up wishing that I could go for a run with an ocean view and then sit by a pool while sipping a magical drink. And yet each day I wake up and am picking up Magna-Tiles and pouring cereal for children who also wish they were skipping by a pool.
(P.S. I can see that I sound super spoiled and whiny right now . . . can we indulge me just for today?)
Earlier this month we took a four night cruise in the Caribbean with Disney and it was seriously magical. I didn’t grow up with all things Disney, but even my cynical black heart was totally mesmerized by all the magic they make. The highlight of the trip for me was standing on the cruise deck the second night dancing with my sweet 10 year old boy and then watching fireworks.
Maybe the second most magical moment was discovering that aboard the cruise ship you can get a famous Dole Whip . . . . WITH BOOZE.
HOW TO MAKE A DOLE WHIP WITH RUM
- Grab some frozen pineapple (they sell it by the bag in the frozen fruit section) and a frozen banana.
- Blend that with some coconut milk.
- Blend in some rum at the end.
- Enjoy for all the days of your life.
On the most magical vacation ever, they offered up all these different types of rum that you could get your Dole Whip with. I went with a vanilla rum and it was total perfection. They didn’t really blend it together and it ended up being more like a dole whip float, which was totally fine by me.
In this version, I couldn’t find vanilla rum, so I went with what I had and blended it all together. It was just like being on vacation again.
For like a minute.
I will take what I can get.
VARIATIONS ON THE DOLE WHIP
- If you like you don’t like your drinks too sweet, use a lite non sweetened coconut milk.
- As I mentioned, you could use different flavors of rum in this to mix it up a little.
- Next time I make this, I might throw in some frozen strawberries too!
Okay guys, wish me luck as I try to reintegrate into normal society. A few more of these will probably help.
Dole Whip with Rum
- 4 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup sweetened coconut milk (see note one)
- 1 frozen banana
- 6 ounces rum (see note two)
- Combine all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Other cocktails you are sure to love