This Jalapeño Popper Pull Apart Bread is simple to prepare but makes a big statement! Cheesy, spicy, gooey, it’s the perfect appetizer or snack.
If you love Jalapeño Poppers, you will love this pull apart bread recipe.
This Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread looks super fancy but is not at all hard to put together. It’s messy to eat, and totally delicious and ideal to serve when everyone is watching a big game, a movie night, game night or just when having cocktails and snacks with friends. There is nothing better than melted cheese and bread, except when you add bacon, cream cheese and jalapenos!
What’s your favorite game day food to serve? If you need more ideas, I’ll have plenty for you below. But for now, take a look at this gorgeous cheesy bread. Let me know what you think in the comment section below. I love hearing from you, dear friends!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR JALAPENO POPPER PULL APART BREAD
This delicious bread brings together so many of my favorite things in life: jalapeno poppers stuffed with rich cream cheese, soft bread and lots of cheese! Here’s all you need for this show stopping appetizer:
- A loaf of Italian bread. You can use French bread or any other long loaf that looks good to you at the bakery.
- A pound of bacon, cooked, diced and drained on a paper towel.
- Room temperature cream cheese. Use a whole brick here, or eight ounces.
- About half a cup or so of pickled jalapenos, diced up nice and fine. For more spice, add more of those green guys.
- Some garlic salt for extra flavor.
- Yummy fresh mozzarella cheese!
TIPS FOR A BEAUTIFUL LOAF OF PULL APART BREAD
- Use a super sharp serrated knife to cut diagonally the loaf, but careful to not cut all the way through. Then, cut diagonally the other direction. Again, don’t cut it all the way through, but allow the bread to stay in tact at the bottom.
- Use room temperature cream cheese to ensure the cheese mixture blends together smoothly without any lumps.
- Use a brick of mozzarella or fresh mozzarella cheese for this recipe and grate it yourself. I know it seems like a time saver to grab a bag of pre-shredded cheese at the store, but that cheese has a waxy covering to keep it from clumping together and it just doesn’t melt as well. It is worth it to take the extra couple of minutes to shred your own mozzarella.
- If you need to, use your fingers to get all that cheesy mixture into the crevices of the bread. Your hands can be the best kitchen tools you have!
- After baking, serve this bread immediately. It’s perfect right out of the oven, when the cheese is all melted and gooey. If you need to re-heat, just cover the loaf with foil and pop it back in the oven for a couple of minutes.
MORE YUMMY APPETIZERS AND SNACK RECIPES
Got a big game coming up? How about a book club or casual girls’ night in? Treat your guests to some hearty, scrumptious appetizers and snacks with these delectable recipes:
- Beer Dip Bread Bowl
- Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread
- Orange Honey Baked Brie
- Olive Cheeseball
- Easy Pesto Pizza
There are so many fabulous flavors in this pull apart bread recipe! Truly something for everyone. Serve it up for your next gathering, then drop me a comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy this cheesy, spicy, flavorful snack!
Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- 16 oz Italian Bread
- 1 pound bacon diced, cooked and drained
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread diagonally, cutting down most of the bread, but not all the way through. Turn around and repeat the other direction.
- Cream together the cream cheese, bacon, jalapeños, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese.
- Do your best to push the all of the mixture into the crevices of the bread.
- Cover losely with tin foil, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture is completely melted. Serve immediately.