BEST BROWNIE MIX FOR THIS RECIPE
TIPS FOR PERFECTLY MINTY CHOCOLATY LAYERS
These deliciously minty brownies are easy to make, but they do take a little bit of time to make. Don’t worry, it’s all worth it when you take your first cool, minty, fudgy bite.
- Bake your brownies as directed on the package. I like the layer to be thinner, so I use a 9×13 pan. If you want a thicker brownie layer, use a smaller pan.
- Let the brownies cool in the refrigerator for about half an hour while you mix up the mint icing.
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, milk, green food coloring and mint extract until nice and smooth, then spread it over the cooled brownies.
- Pop the pan back into the refrigerator for another half hour or so.
- Meanwhile, melt some chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet but you could use milk chocolate or super dark chocolate too) in the microwave with some butter, stirring every thirty seconds until it’s melted and smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled frosting layer, smoothing with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Or you can tilt the pan from side to side to make sure the chocolate covers the entire surface.
- Refrigerate once again until the layers are completely set.
- For easier slicing, dip your knife into hot water, wiping off with a towel in between slices.
MORE DELECTABLE BROWNIE RECIPES
Can’t get enough of that gooey, fudgy chocolatey brownie dessert? Try some of these yummy variations!
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Salted Caramel Crock Pot Brownies
- Mocha Fudge Brownies
- World’s Best Caramel Brownies
- Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies
Whip up a batch of these minty brownies for your next game night, family movie night, date night, any night! I can’t wait to hear how they work for you. Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Brownies
- 1 box of fudgey brownie mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 TBSPs of butter softened like almost melted
- 2 TBSPs milk
- dash of green food coloring
- 1 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 TBSPs of butter
- Bake up your brownies in a 9by 13 inch pan. Let cool in the refrigerator for a half hour (at least).
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk, butter, green food coloring, and mint extract. Pour over the cooled brownies and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for another half hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips in butter in the microwave or a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour over the chilled brownies & mint. Tip the pan to make it spread evenly. Pop back in the refrigerator to let it set, at least a half hour.
- To make slicing easier, dip your knife into a hot glass of water and wipe off the excess water between each slice into the brownies.