These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are such an easy delicious recipe! Chewy, full of chocolate chips, and buttery soft, these chocolate chip cookie bars are the best dessert! Like thick and chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies but so much easier!
Guys I have been upping my work out game. And . . . can I be real with you for a second? It is KILLING ME. I like to think that I’m good at simple things like, say, standing up, or you know? Wakling. But . . . Ummm, after increasing my work outs and adding in ridiculous nonsense like side planks and squat jump things that make want to die, I’m questioning those things.
But. If you make this recipe, you will understand exactly why I need to up my work out game. I think bar recipes might be my weakness. Of course I have also mentioned how buttercream frosting and muddy buddies are my weakness. And booze. I might have a lot of weaknesses.
Anyway! Bar Recipes.
The thing about bar recipes is that its really easy to keep eating sliver after sliver until the sliver that you have eaten is the whole pan.
Upped. Work. Out. Game.
These are the best oatmeal chocolate chip bars. They are just like your favorite oatmeal raising cookies. But better. Because they have chocolate not raisins and they are bars, and you don’t have to scoop cookies. See? Better. ????
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL BARS
- Combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in one bowl.
- In a different bowl, beat the butter and sugars together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the oats.
- Bake in one pan, and enjoy!
Have I mentioned how much I love bar recipes? They are so much easier than cookies!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL BARS
- Make sure your butter is room temperature. You should be able to push a finger in a little and dent it but not all the way through. Cut it up in one inch pieces and leave it on the counter for a half hour to make this happen sooner.
- To measure the flour, scoop the flour into the measuring cup and level it off. This will help you avoid over measuring the flour.
- Use room temperature eggs. To make this happen quickly, put the eggs in luke warm water for a few minutes.
- Make sure your baking soda is fresh by adding a little to some vinegar and making sure it bubbles right away.
MORE GREAT COOKIE BAR RECIPES
- These Very Vanilla Cookie Bas are a super old recipe of mine, but one that is so simple and so delicious! It’s a must make for sure!
- These S’mores Magic Cookie Bars are AHmazing! I made them again recently, and I couldn’t stop eating them!
- You will not believe how insanely good these Caramel Apple Bars are.
- And if you’ve never made anything with brown butter, make these Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- I love monster cookies, I have to make these Monster Cookie Bars!
- I can’t get over these Brown Sugar Cookie Bars!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cook oats (old fashioned oats will work here as well)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs on at a time and then the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients. Beat on low until integrated, then increase the speed until the dry ingredients are just combined.
- Gently stir in the oats and the chocolate chips. Press the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow the bars to cool, then cut and enjoy.