This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dannon. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Salted Caramel Mocha is an easy coffee house drink that you can make at home. Its simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Every Christmas morning I treat myself to a fun coffee drink while the kids open their presents. Sometimes it is something just as simple as coffee with some Irish cream liqueur, but this year I know exactly what it will be.
This year, I will be sipping on this amazing Salted Caramel Mocha Christmas morning and I really think you should do the same. It is made with the most amazing half and half you will ever try that makes it better than what you can get at a coffee house.
Land o Lakes Coffee Style Half & Half is the creamiest little bit of heaven. It is made with 30% more cream than typical half and half, making it the perfect addition to anything you might want to sip on this holiday season. In fact, it is so delightful, you should keep it in your refrigerator all year long to take your morning coffee up a notch.
Grab Land o Lakes Coffeehouse Half and Half at your local Meijer when you pick up everything else you need to make this amazing Salted Caramel Mocha. While you are there, check out International Delight Caramel Waffle Cookie Creamer and Silk Dark Chocolate Peppermint Almond Creamer. Coffee treats for everyone!
How to make a Salted Caramel Mocha
This is an easy treat to make, but make sure you check out the full amount and instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Brew some coffee: That is the base of this drink, so pick a brew you love.
- Heat up the Land o Lakes Coffee Style Half & Half: Add to it the caramel sauce, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder. You want it to just be a light simmer.
- Froth the half and half mixture: You can do this in a blender or with a milk brother. You are looking to just add some bubbles.
- Combine it: Mix the coffee and the half and half mixture.
- Top it: Add whipped cream and more caramel sauce.
The Coffee Base to a Frappuccino
Frappuccinos typically have an espresso base to them. So you can make this with very strongly brewed coffee or instant coffee that is more concentrated. That being said, this is also very delicious with regularly brewed coffee.
One of the things that makes this recipe so lovely is the frothing of the cream mixture after simmering it. It is important when you froth it to give it a light foam on top. If you froth it too much you will end up making salted caramel whipped cream.
Other Great Drinks
If you are looking for other ways to celebrate with your delicious carton of half and half, I have two suggestions.
If you make this Salted Caramel Mocha or any of my other recipes, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below and tell me what you think!
Salted Caramel Mocha
- 1 cup Land o Lakes Coffee House Style Half & Half
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce plus more for topping
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- whipped cream
- In a heavy bottomed stock pot, heat the Land o Lakes Coffee House Style Half & Half, cocoa powder, salt, and the caramel sauce until it comes to a light simmer, stirring consistently. Remove from the heat.
- Using a frother (immerssion blender, or by transfering the mixture to a stand blender), froth the milk mixture, until the surface is covered in small bubbles.
- Add the coffee to two mugs. Add the milk mixture and stir to combine. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with more caramel syrup.