This Stuffed Taco Chicken is a super easy dinner, ready in 30 minutes, but packed with cheesy delicious flavor! I’m so excited to be partnering with Gold’n Plump, to bring you this anything but ordinary chicken dinner!
You guys. As of this week we are about half way through summer. Can you believe that? At the beginning of summer I was feeling totally overwhelmed by having all three kids home. I know I am not the only mom out there questioning how it is possible that such small humans can both consume so much food and have such endless energy. And the talking. Dear lord, the endless talking.
That said, I am feeling less overwhelmed with all of my kids home and more . . . . mushy and sentimental. Like I want the sweet days of summer to last forever. I want to kiss their sticky little tanned cheeks in the sweltering summer heat until the end of time!
Of course ask me again tomorrow.
It’s totally possible that I will be ready to sell them all to a circus. They’d fit in nicely.
With the feeling that the start of the school year is right around the corner, I’m already trying to arm myself with some quick and easy dinner recipes that will please the whole crew. And this Stuffed Taco Chicken made with Gold’n Plump Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets is totally going on the list.
It comes together very quickly, is really easy to make, and is packed with flavor. Plus, the use of Gold’n Plump chicken breasts means they come out perfectly every time. I love using Gold’n Plump products because its chickens are raised with No Antibiotics-Ever and the brand also recently became certified by the American Humane Certified farm program. But I also love using it because it is never tough and makes the most delicious, moist, and tender chicken dinners. So you can let the chicken be the star and know that it is going to be absolutely delicious.
To start, mix together some cream cheese, taco seasoning (homemade or store bought), and a little shredded cheddar. Slice your chicken breasts in half, stuff them with the taco cheese mixture, and then secure them together with toothpicks. A little pan searing, some salsa, more cheese, a little time in the oven and you have one tasty dinner! Add a little Spanish rice on the side and you have a well-rounded meal that is going to leave everyone satisfied, and seriously who can beat a dinner like that in less than 30 minutes?
Stuffed Taco Chicken
- 1 package 20 ounces Gold'n Plump Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 TBSP taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- sliced olives and diced jalapeños optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Set a cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed oven proof pan over medium heat.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half and open them up to butterfly them (see the photo above).
- Mix together the cream cheese, taco seasoning, and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Divide amongst the chicken breasts. Fold the chicken breast over on itself and secure closed with toothpicks (see photo above).
- Add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the cast iron skillet and allow to heat up.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and sear for about three minutes on each side.
- Add the salsa to the top of the chicken, dividing evenly and then top with remaining cheese. Put in the oven (uncovered) and bake for about 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken.
- Remove the toothpicks, top with olives and jalapeños, and serve immediately.