This Apple Cobbler is made totally from scratch with fresh apples and is going to be your family’s favorite fall dessert.
I’m proud to be partnering with Meijer to bring you this perfect summer recipe.
With fall right around the corner, I am so excited to start cooking up warm and cozy comfort food for you. I love everything about fall food from the creamy soups to the perfectly spiced desserts. But is there anything that says fall more than a warm Apple Cobbler?
My first stop before making this dessert was the incredible produce section at my local Meijer. My family goes through an insane amount of fruit, especially apples, every week. I love that I can always find delicious fresh produce for my kids at Meijer.
When fall rolls around, you can find all the varieties of apples you are looking for at Meijer. They buy from local farmers and you can count on their apples being fresh and perfect for a cobbler or pie. Or if you live at my house, an afternoon snack.
Apple Cobbler Ingredients
I love this recipe because after I get my apples, I almost always have the rest of the ingredients in my pantry and refrigerator. Get the full amounts of ingredients and instructions at the bottom of the post.
- Apples (see more below)
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
Picking out Apples
I love taking advantage of the variety of apples at Meijer by using a few different kinds. If you aren’t sure where to start, I would suggest buying a couple and figuring out which kinds you like.
I love Gala and Granny Smith Apples in this recipe. They also happen to be our favorite for snacking. The Gala are just the right amount of sweet, and the Granny Smith bring a nice tartness.
Peeling the Apples
The one step to this recipe that might hold people back from making it is the peeling of the apples. Pick up this apple peeler from Meijer when you get your apples. It peels, cores, and slices your apples for you!
It will make this recipe easier for you. Of course, if you can’t grab one, you can peel it the old fashioned way.
How to Make Apple Cobbler
This cobbler recipe is comes together with just a few steps to turn into the warm delicious dessert you’re dreaming of.
- Mix the apples, sugar, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract to make a batter.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter without stirring. Then pour the apples on top, again without stirring.
- Bake and enjoy with some vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Other Great Fall Recipes:
While you are shopping at Meijer, make sure you add the ingredients for these great dishes to your list:
If you make this Apple Cobbler or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 6 apples peeled and sliced thin (I used a mixture of Gala and Granny Smith)
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the apple slices, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup granulated white sugar in a large bowl. Set asside.
- Pour the 1/2 cup melted butter into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk in 1 cup milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the butter without stirring together.
- Pour the apple mixture over the batter without stirring it together. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream and the caramel sauce.