This Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding is knock your socks off amazing! The kind of dessert that you secretly eat right from the pan when no one else is looking!
So last week . . . two weeks ago? . . . It’s kind of all a blur now . . . I went to BlogHer Food, and now . . . all I want to do is go out and party. It’s like I’m 22 again, except a normal 22 year old who goes out and has fun and isn’t already living in the suburbs (no regrets, just weird).
Okay, but besides wanting to go out all.the.time. now, I feel like I want to revamp everything about my blog.
I had the amazing good fortune of spending some time (like a lot of fantastic time) with some amazing bloggers who totally know what’s what. Spending all that time with them made me realize there are 17.2 billion things that I need to step up my game on.
Because here’s the thing.
I’m a social worker.
I mean, I’ve now started this business (which I love!! . . . I have come to think of it as my fifth baby), but I don’t actually know anything about running a business. Marketing, PR, accounting . . . . hold on, I think I need another cup of coffee.
Okay, I’m back.
In all seriousness, I know that I’m doing a couple things right. But there are some things I could be doing better . . . like Twitter. Have I told you how much I hate Twitter. Like I hashtagHATE Twitter.
I need you. I’ve decided that I need a new tagline. Right now it’s, “The Adventures of a Wannabe Crafty Mom.” And that’s all well and good, but the focus of my blog has become way more focused on food. So the old tagline needs to go. I want a new tagline that has something to do with craft AND food, but still makes sense with the name of my blog.
So what would you go with?
A. Wine & Glue: Easy Recipes & Crafts for Life with Kids
B. Wine & Glue: Easy Recipes & DIYs for Life with Kids
C. Something else entirely . . . you tell me in the comments
Okay, something MUCH easier than picking a new tagline: This Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding. Oooo, I know! My blog should be Wine & Glue: The Adventures of Living Solely on Bread Pudding. You guys. I love bread pudding so hard. It’s my favorite dessert by far. It’s like the sweet version of stuffing. I LOVE stuffing. I might have buttons made. Stuffing For President!
This is the type of dessert that you keep sneaking bites of right from the pan. It’s creamy, sweet, delicious, and packed with amazing cranberry orange flavor. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then smoother it with caramel sauce!
Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 TBSPs butter
- 2 TBSPs brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 TBSP orange liqueur you can sub with orange juice
- 1/2 TBSP orange zest
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 cups cut up bun bread roughly 9 3 inch slider buns
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the cranberries, butter, and brown sugar. Cook, stirring until the cranberries have just begun to pop and break down. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, vanilla, orange liqueur, orange zest, and granulated sugar. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add the cut up slider buns. Stir until the bread is completely covered with the egg mixture. Stir in the cooled cranberries. Let sit for 20 minutes so that it soaks up the egg mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 13 inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Once ready, pour the mixture into the pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until it begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
did you make this
Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding
You might also like:
Chocolate Pretzel Bread Pudding
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips says
Ack, I’m totally having tag line dilemma too! Mine is only food and I want to open it up to include more. And crazy how hanging out with bloggers makes you simultaneously inspired and easy to run and hide. B leaves things more open – DIY can be crafts and other stuff. Though if you can keep “tThe Adventures of” somehow because you do tell stories about your life. Well, whatever you decide, keep rocking the bread pudding! Yum!
I’m going with option C. Something about multitasking moms. Because so many of us are working a ton of jobs, and we don’t have time to breathe, much less go out and party! I’d love to grow my blog, but I work 10 hours outside the home, have three small kids at home, and I’m holding it all together. And there are a lot of us out there like that!
Love the bread pudding, too. It would help me take a deep breath and savor the moment.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
1. Partying with you is way more fun than real life. I just want to keep doing it instead of, you know, lifing.
2. I like #1 but I also like something like Easy Recipes & Crafts for a busy life (or a busy mom or ??)