These Bacon Cheddar Sour Cream Waffles are the PERFECT breakfast recipe! Serve them for a holiday brunch or just on any old weekend and you will not be sorry! I’m so excited to be partnering with Horizon to bring you this amazing recipe!
I think Easter might be the only big holiday that my family (like my little immediate baby of a family) doesn’t have any solid traditions for. But we are getting there!
The last few years we have made a scavenger hunt for the kids and all the clues rhyme (#imadork). At the end of the scavenger hunt is the kids’ Easter baskets. We hide eggs with change in them …. because honestly I’m such The Treat Police that my kids still have Halloween candy laying around, we definitely don’t need a copious amount of Easter candy around. We ….
Nope. That’s kind of it.
But I’m thinking this year that after we do our Easter hunts, we should have a BIG Easter brunch.
Brunch is my absolute favorite way to celebrate a holiday. And not just because it means that mommy gets to have a mimosa. :) There’s something about making multiple different indulgent dishes for breakfast and having big bowls full of fruit, a giant plate of thick cut bacon, that just yells celebratory.
Brunch is where it’s at people.
So when Horizon asked me to make a recipe for Easter, I knew that I had to make a brunch recipe! And these waffles are really a home run if I do say so myself. They are made with Horizon Whole Milk, Cheddar Cheese, and Sour Cream. As if that didn’t make them amazing all on their own, then I threw in some bacon. The older I get the more I’m starting to believe that bacon just really belongs in everything.
So most of the pictures of these amazing waffles show them with sour cream and bacon crumbles, because I wanted you to look at the picture and right away get a sense of what’s in there. But . . . then I decided at the end that I wanted one picture of syrup dripping all down the sides. And after I got the picture, I took a bite and OH MAN. Bacon is meant to be in everything and maple syrup is meant to be right there with it.
Bacon Cheddar Sour Cream Waffles
- 5 slices thick cut bacon cut into small pieces, cooked, and drained
- 1 cup Horizon whole milk
- 1 cup Horizon sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded Horizon cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, and butter in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and gently fold in the wet ingredients until just combined. Then mix in the cooked bacon and shredded cheese.
- Preheat your waffle iron. Once preheated, spray with cooking spray and fill each waffle section with 1/4 cup of batter. Cook for about four minutes (see note).
- Serve with maple syrup.
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.