These Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins are such an easy delicious breakfasts on the go. Made with simple ingredients, and easy to freeze, your family will love these muffin tin eggs.
Need another great breakfast egg muffin recipe? Make these Cheese and Sausage Egg Muffins!
The other day I was thinking about how impressed I am by big families. How do they do it? I feel like keeping track of the schedules of three kids and two adults is plenty for us. I am constantly forgetting obligations and things are falling through the cracks.
Easy Egg Muffins
If you, like me, are having trouble doing it all, let me make one thing a little easier – breakfast.
This easy egg muffin recipe is perfect for keeping your kids full through the day! It comes together with just a few simple ingredients, it takes very little time to prepare, and these muffin tin eggs are super easy to freeze and reheat later.
These make a great breakfast on the run! Or even an after school snack.
Breakfast Egg Muffins Ingredients
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- cheddar cheese
- green onions (optional)
Cooking this Egg Muffin Recipe
Though these are pictured in a traditional muffin tin (I love that old rustic look), I actually bought a silicon muffin tin specifically to make this recipe.
You can see in the video below how easily they pop out of it. It might be my new favorite kitchen purchase. Despite using a silicon muffin tin, I would still recommend spraying your pan.
If you don’t have a silicon muffin tin, you can get one here, or you can use a traditional muffin tin for these egg muffin cups. I just recommend that you heavily spray the pan.
Freezing this Recipe
Put the muffins on a tray in a single layer and freeze them for about an hour.
Remove them, put them in a plastic bag or air tight container, and put them back in the freezer to freeze completely.
This keeps them from becoming one big egg muffin ball in the freezer.
These muffins will keep in the freezer for about three months.
How do you Reheat Egg Muffins?
- Remove one egg muffin from the freezer.
- Put on a plate and cover with a bowl. Put the plate in the microwave.
- Cook for 1 minute at half power.
Another thing I love about these ham and cheese egg muffins, besides how easy they are to freeze and reheat, is how few calories they have. There are only 120 calories in each one, and they have 11 grams of protein each. That makes these some pretty healthy egg muffins.
Other Quick Breakfast Recipes
- I love this Hummus Toast Recipe! Not only is it fast, but it keeps me full all morning.
- This Crustless Spinach Quiche is great because it reheats perfectly. Make it today and eat it all week.
- Four Three Ingredient Smoothies! I love having a smoothie for breakfast, and these are fast, plus they are all low in calories and high in protein!
If you make this great breakfast recipe or any of my other recipes, let me know what you think!
Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 ounces ham steak cubed
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin heavily with cooking spray. (Please note that a silicon muffin tin works best.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, ham, and the green onions.
- Fill the muffin tins. Top with the reaming 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the eggs pull away from the side of the muffin tin and are set in the middle.