Air Fryer Bacon is so easy to make! No splatter of grease and no bacon cooking in fat. You will never make bacon another way again!
My family loves bacon. If it was a responsible and healthy choice, they would eat it daily for breakfast. In equal measure to their love for bacon is my disdain for the grease that coats my stove after they make it.
And here Air Fryer Bacon swoops in like a hero. This is our new favorite way to make bacon – hands down. You get all the crispiness of bacon you would get in a cast iron skillet on the stove top, but with none of the mess. Even better, you don’t have to watch it and it turns out crisp every time.
It is so easy and cooks the bacon evenly, it will be your new favorite way to make bacon (hello, BLT Ranch Burgers)!
How to Cook Bacon in Air Fryer
Here is a brief overview of how to make air fryer bacon. For the full recipe, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Preheat your air fryer. Preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add bacon. Place bacon in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Rearrange and continue cooking. Open the air fryer and rearrange the bacon so it is no longer touching at all. Continue cooking for 4 to 6 more minutes.
Regular vs. Thick Cut Bacon
You can cook both thick cut and regular cut bacon in the air fryer. Both cook up really well, but obviously you will need to cook thick cut bacon longer, adding about two minutes to the cooking time.
How Long to Cook Bacon in Air Fryer
The cooking time will depend both on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like it. The range in the recommended cooking time is related to crispiness preference.
- Regular cut bacon will need to cook for 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Thick cut bacon will need to cook for 10-12 minutes total.
To prevent overcooking, check the bacon periodically.
Air Fryer Recommendations
I have had two different air fryers, and I much prefer my Cosori. It’s basket is bigger, and I also think it cooks the food just a touch more evenly. There are so many different things you can make in the air fryer; you can see all of my recipes here: Air Fryer Recipes.
If you are holding off on buying one, definitely ask for one for Christmas. I don’t love having so many extra kitchen appliances, but we do use our air fryer several times a week – my favorite recipe is oddly, Air Fryer Broccoli.
Yes! You will need to adjust the cooking time, aiming for 6 to 8 minutes, but turkey bacon is delicious in the air fryer.
This is recommended to give the bacon its ultimate crispiness and will guarantee that the bacon will start cooking immediately. Use the time it’s preheating to prep other things or get the bacon ready to go.
Recipes Using Cooked Bacon
Any dish that calls for cooked bacon is a great time to use this air fryer bacon recipe. The perfect crunch and minimal mess just can’t be beat! Here are a few ways to use your bacon in the air fryer:
- Easy Bacon Cheddar Biscuits are great for brunch, an appetizer, or alongside soups and salads. They are so simple and come together quickly.
- Turkey Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese may just be your new favorite sandwich.
- The Spinach Bacon Salad is filling enough for a meal with just enough flavor and crunch.
What to Eat with Air Fryer Bacon
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Bacon and these pancakes is my kids’ favorite combo . . . the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
- French Toast Casserole: This recipe with bacon is a crazy good combo.
- Crustless Spinach Quiche: Eating a crustless quiche is absolutely justification for an extra piece of bacon.
When you try this recipe or any of my others, leave a comment and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
Air Fryer Bacon
- 1/2 pound bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees. Place the bacon in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer. It is okay if it overlaps a little. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Open air fryer and rearrange bacon so it is no longer touching at all. Continue cooking for 4 to 6 more minutes. (Note that thick cut bacon will need 10 to 12 minutes total.)
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy.