This simple Daiquiri recipe is one of my very favorite cocktails. It is three super simple ingredients, but it is spectacular.
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today. It is one of my favorite cocktails. It comes together with just three really simple ingredients, but the result is a cocktail that makes you feel like you are on a high end vacation.
I love going out for the evening with my husband and then coming home to have this as a night cap!
A daiquiri is a classic cocktail made with just three ingredients that originated in Cuba in the 1800s. Since the recipe is so simple, it is important to use good-quality ingredients. For the measurements of each ingredient, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Rum: Since this cocktail is very rum-forward, it is important to use good-quality white or light rum. Dark or spiced rum would significantly change the flavor of the cocktail, so choose a good-quality light rum.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice will give you the best and freshest flavor that complements the rum in the best way. One lime will have enough juice for two to three cocktails.
- Simple syrup: Adding just enough sweetness, it is super easy to make your own simple syrup at home for all of your favorite cocktail recipes. Made with just two ingredients, skip the store-bought stuff and make this Homemade Simple Syrup Recipe!
How to Make a Daiquiri
This simple shake-and-strain rum cocktail comes together quickly in your cocktail shaker. For the full daiquiri drink recipe and all measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Combine ingredients. Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and add your rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Give it a good shake. Shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds or until the cocktail shaker is nice and cold.
- Strain into a chilled glass. Garnish and enjoy!
Serving a Daiquiri
I love these in a nice coupe glass as pictured here. These short ones are great, but if you want to be a little fancier, I also have the ones linked above and they are gorgeous.
Add a simple lime twist to the glass. Read below how to easily make one. Otherwise, a simple lime slice perched on the side of the glass is also perfect.
Make a lime twist
Garnish your cocktail with a lime twist! Since you need fresh limes for juice for this classic daiquiri recipe, you can make a lime twist from the fruit as well. Cut a thin strip of peel and twist it in a spiral, releasing the fragrant oils from the peel. Set the twist on the rim of your glass and enjoy!
Make it Frozen
Make a frozen daiquiri by combining the ingredients in a blender with ice and blending until smooth. Keep in mind that the crushed ice will leave you with a lighter, less alcohol forward drink.
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- In a metal cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake until the metal of the shaker feels cold in your hand.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a lime twist.