This easy low calorie Mojito Recipe is light and refreshing and just 90 calories! With just four ingredients, it’s the perfect easy summer cocktail!
Mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails! But sometimes I can’t do all the sugar. This low calorie version is just perfect. And if you are growing mint in your garden, you can have it all summer long!
Low Calorie Mojito Ingredients
While it is not the original, these four simple ingredients blend together perfectly. Here’s all you need:
- White Rum: Read my recommendations below.
- Fresh Mint Leaves: While you can find fresh mint all year long in the grocery store, if it is the summer months, I suggest that you buy a plant. It won’t be much more and you can make mojitos all summer.
- Lime Juice: I recommend using fresh lime juice in this (and all) cocktail. But if you are in a pinch, bottled lime juice will work.
- Diet Soda: I love 7UP or Sprite as it gives this cocktail a sweet flavor and another dimension of lime. If sweet drinks aren’t your thing, swap in club soda.
How to Make a Low Cal Mojito
This is a brief overview of how to make this delicious light cocktail. For the full recipe with all of the ingredients, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Muddle the rum, lime juice, and the mint together. This can be done with a muddler or with the bottom of a kitchen utensil, like an ice cream scoop.
- Top with ice. Add ice to the glass.
- Top with soda. Add in the diet lemon lime soda and then stir to combine.
A classic mojito cocktail usually lands around 240 calories each, with its mixture of lime juice, sugar, mint leaves, soda and rum. Rum can be a little higher in calories than other types of alcohol.
On the other hand, this lighter mojito drink is only 90 calories per serving! Even with the rum, cutting out the sugar of a regular mojito really lowers those carbs and calories. I promise you will never miss the sugar with this delicious cocktail.
Serving Low Calorie Mojitos
I love serving these in these great mason jars, but you could really serve them in any glass. It’s what’s inside that counts, right?
MORE MOJITO RECIPES
If you love this simple mojito recipe, you’ll go crazy for my twists on the classic cocktail:
I hope you love this Simple Mojito Recipe as much as I do! Please comment below and let me know what you think. Cheers to summer and mojitos all season long!
Simple Mojito Recipe
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about the juice of one lime)
- 8 ounces diet lemon lime soda like 7UP or Sprite
- Divide the mint leaves and lime juice between two glasses.6 fresh mint leaves
- Add rum and lime juice to each glass and muddle.2 ounces white rum, 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Add a little ice, top with the soda, and stir to combine.8 ounces diet lemon lime soda