The Paloma Cocktail is the perfect low calorie drink. If you like margaritas, you will love this easy to make, light drink!
A Paloma drink is a grapefruit flavored tequila cocktail. It is simple yet refreshing and sweet, yet light. If you are looking for something to pair with your tacos on Cinco de Mayo, but don’t want to break the calorie bank, these delicious 175 calorie cocktails are the way to go.
Paloma Cocktail Ingredients
- Silver Tequila
- Lime Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
- Grapefruit Soda or Sparkling Water
How to Make a Paloma
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice: Add tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit juice to the shaker and shake.
- Pour: Strain the contents of the shaker into a tumbler filled with ice.
- Top: Add a little grapefruit soda or sparkling water to the tumbler to top it off.
Our favorite grapefruit soda is Squirt. It is what we use in our Pink Party Punch. If you can’t find that though, Fresca has a grapefruit soda. There is also a Mexican soda called, Jarritos, that has a grapefruit flavor. That is great for a more authentic Paloma!
Grapefruit Sparkling Water
If you want to keep the calories lower in this cocktail, you can replace the soda with sparkling water. It still makes for a delicious and refreshing cocktail!
If you make this, I’d love to know what you think! Leave me a comment below!
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces grapefruit soda see note
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit juice to it. Shake and strain into a tumbler filled with crushed ice.
- Top with a grapefruit soda or grapefruit sparkling water.