This Mojito Margarita is the perfect combination of two of your favorite cocktails! The perfect balance of mint, lime and tequila.
If choosing between a margarita and a mojito has you longing for one of each, this is the recipe for you! This icy cocktail combines minty mojito with tangy-sweet margarita, resulting in a pitcher full of flavor that you’ll be sipping well into the fall! These Easy Skinny Mojitos, Strawberry Mango Margaritas and Pineapple Mojitos are some other favorites.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE MOJITO MARGARITAS?
This glorious Mojito Margarita recipe is sweetened ever so slightly with my Simple Syrup. You can use it in a million recipes, like this Mojito Sangria or this Gin Fizz. Whip up a batch, keep it in your refrigerator and use it all the time! You’ll also need:
- Good tequila (I’m partial to Jose Cuervo Silver)
- Club soda
- Lime juice (from the actual lime or from a bottle, either works)
- Fresh mint leaves (for muddling and more for garnish)
- Some kosher salt and a lime wedge for garnish
HOW TO MAKE A MOJITO MARGARITA:
Once you combine these two crisp cocktails you’ll never go back! The flavors muddle (no pun intended) together beautifully! Here’s how to make it:
- Prep your glass by coating the rim with simple syrup or lime juice and dipping it in kosher salt.
- In a tumbler, combine about five mint leaves, half an ounce of lime juice and an ounce of simple syrup and give it a good mashing. (No muddler? The end of a wooden spoon does the trick nicely too!)
- Next, add in a couple ounces of tequila, three ounces of club soda and some ice and give it a good stir.
- Finish off the cocktail by adding a couple more mint leaves and a lime wedge.
Your porch will become the spot to cool off as we head into the last long stretch of summer. Make a pitcher or two and enjoy the ride!
OTHER COCKTAILS THAT COMBINE FAVORITES
If you make this recipe let me know what you think by leaving me a comment!
- 5 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup plus more to line the glass
- 2 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces club soda
- kosher salt optional
- lime wedge for garnish
- Optional: Coat the rim of the glass with simple syrup and dip in kosher salt.
- In the bottom of a tumbler, muddle mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Add in the tequila, add ice, and top with club soda. Give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a lime wedge.