The Long Island Iced Tea combines just about every alcohol in your liquor cabinet, but in the most magical way. You are left with a cocktail that is delicious, refershing, and a little dangerous.
If it has been decades since you’ve had a Long Island Iced Tea, go ahead and let yourself feel like a college student again. This cocktail recipe is so easy to make, and is absolutely refreshing and delicious.
In fact, this recipe is so good, Nathan said to me, “There are so many types of alcohol in there I don’t like, and I love this.”
Long Island Iced Tea Ingredients
What’s in a Long Island Iced Tea? Everything. You really need to just grab your whole liquor cabinet for this one.
- White Rum
- Triple Sec
- Simple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
How to Make a Long Island Iced Tea
- Combine all of the liquor with the simple syrup and the lemon juice in a high ball glass filled with ice.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with coke.
- Give everything a good stir, and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Most of the time, I suggest using Cointreau when a recipe calls for Triple Sec. It is higher quality and higher alcohol content than Triple Sec. It is what we use in our Margarita Recipe.
In this case, there is so much flavor and plenty of alcohol. I think it is fine to go with the more budget friendly Triple Sec.
If you replace the coke and the triple sec with other ingredients, you can get some great spins on this classic cocktail.
- Tokyo Iced Tea: Take out the triple sec and replace it with Midori, then switch the coke out for lemon lime soda.
- Long Beach Iced Tea: Instead of coke use cranberry juice.
- Purple Rain: Replace the triple sec with Chambord and the coke with lemon lime soda.
- Walk Me Down: Switch the triple sec out with Blue Curacao and the coke with lemon lime soda.
Other Classic Cocktails
If you want more classic cocktails to make at home, here are some of our favorites:
If you like this Long Island Iced Tea recipe, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Long Island Iced Tea
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce white rum
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- In a high ball glass filled with ice, combine the tequila, vodka, rum, triple sec, gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Top with coke, and stir to combine. Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy.