This Five Minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bark is about as quick as it gets and SO delicious! With only four ingredients, you can’t beat this easy dessert.
I love bark recipes because they are so incredibly easy to put together and even easier to eat. Bark recipes are perfect for gifting around the holidays. This Five Minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bark is no exception!
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bark
This is a brief overview of how to make this delicious recipe. For the full recipe with all of the instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Microwave the chocolate chips. Then spread it over the pan. See my tips for melting chocolate below.
- Microwave the peanut butter chips. Pour it over the spread chocolate and then swirl.
- Press pretzel pieces into the bark. You will want to work quickly so that the pretzels get stuck to the chocolate layer before it starts to harden.
Melting Chocolate for Bark
When melting chocolate, it is important that you don’t over heat it. Overheating the chocolate can result in it seizing or going from silky smooth to clunky. There are two great methods for microwaving chocolate.
- Stovetop: Melt the chocolate over low heat, stirring often.
- Microwave: Set your microwave to half power and melt the chocolate for 1 minute. Stir vigorously. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds at power. The more you stir to help with melting the less likely you will be that the chocolate will seize.
Peanut Butter Chips
Peanut butter chips are easy to find in the baking aisle of most U.S. grocery stores. I love using it in my Peanut Butter Fudge as well. I have not made this recipe with just peanut butter, but if you do, keep in mind that it will not firm up in the bark the same way that the chips will.
Five Minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of broken pretzels
- Line a 10 by 16 inch jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- Microwave the milk chocolate chips at half power for one minute. Stir and if it is not completely melted, microwave for another thirty seconds. Spread over the wax paper.
- Microwave the peanut butter chips and the butter together at half power for one minute. Stir to smooth it. Put several spoonfuls over the bark in different spots and then swirl it in.
- Working quickly, spread the pretzels over the chocolate mixture. Push it down into the bark.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until completely hard. Then break apart.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.