This Skillet Lasagna is a 30 minute easy dinner that your whole family will get behind and love. This is delicious comfort food!
The other night we sat down to dinner after what had been a really long, really hard day. And we were having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. It was like the most delicious thing I had ever eaten.
I don’t know what it is about pasta that is so comforting, but it is.
And sitting there with my bowl of spaghetti, with all the people I love most in the world slurping away, I felt better. My happy place is around the dinner table with my family eating delicious food.
This Skillet Lasagna is perfect for my happy place. It comes together in about 30 minutes and is delicious carb filled comfort food. I know it will be perfect for your family whether you have had a rough day or not.
WHAT IS SKILLET LASAGNA
Skillet Lasagna is like the easiest version of a lasagna you could possibly make. Made all in one pan, with broken up lasagna noodles you don’t have to layer.
I love that you can have the taste of lasagna in 30 minutes. This is perfect for a busy work night.
HOW TO MAKE SKILLET LASAGNA
Step 1: Sauté garlic and cook Italian Seasoned meat in a 12 inch skillet on the stovetop.
Step 2: Stir in chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, seasonings, and tomato paste. I love tasting it at this point to see if I want to add more seasonings, or a little more salt and pepper.
Step 3: Stir in broken lasagna noodles, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add ricotta cheese, and top with mozzarella. Put in the oven uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes.
I love how simple and easy this recipe is. If you have littles in your house who find lasagna noodles to hard to eat, you can use any noodle with this.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SKILLET LASAGNA
I love this dinner, but I always try to serve my kids some veggies with their dinner. If you have a big enough skillet, you could definitely add some mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach to this.
Otherwise, some great side dishes for this recipe are:
- ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE: This recipe comes together so fast and is perfect for the side.
- ZUCCHINI CARROT SALAD: The flavor of this salad is perfect, and this recipe only has 10 minutes of prep time.
- ROASTED HONEY GLAZED CARROTS: This side dish will get anyone to eat their veggies!
OTHER GREAT ONE DISH DINNERS
If you can’t get enough of one pot skillet dinners – we know we can’t – here are some others that you will love.
- STUFFED PEPPER CASSEROLE: Even though it is called a casserole, this one pot dinner is done on the stove top and is a total winner.
- GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF: This simple one pot dinner is done in 30 minutes. Plus so delicious!
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA: This dinner is the definition of comfort food.
If you make this amazing one pot dinner, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound Italian seasoned ground beef
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 pound dry lasagna noodles broken up (see note)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, 12 inch, oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds before adding the ground meat. Cook, breaking up the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Add in the basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and tomato paste. Taste the sauce to see if you want more salt or pepper.
- Add in the broken lasagna noodles and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cover, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, top with the shredded mozzarella and put it in the oven uncovered until the mozzarella is completely melted, about five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!