This Arugula Salad Recipe comes together so quickly and makes the perfect side for so many dinners. With just a few ingredients you can have the most delicious and easy side salad.
Hello my friends! Did you know that I have been partnering with Chuck E. Cheese’s for the last few years? Much to my children’s delight. I have loved learning about their new menu which makes it so enjoyable to go in with the kids. They get all the fun they can handle, and I get a delicious meal that is full of great options. You might have read about it in my Philly Cheesesteak Casserole post. Or how much we love having parties there in my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake post.
AMAZING CAULIFLOWER CRUSTED PIZZA
I’m thrilled to be partnering with them again to tell you about their partnership with CAULIPOWER to add a new cauliflower-based pizza to the menu – Cauliflower Crusted Pizza!
With cauliflower being the first ingredient in the crust, I feel like it’s a great way to get some veggies into my kids as they are busy playing at Chuck E Cheese’s. And I’m telling you, my kids devoured this pizza. Quinn had been really skeptical and after a few bites, she said, “Mom! This is really good.” She ate two pieces in a flash and was back to playing and collecting a stack of tickets. And at only $8.99 for a 10 inch pizza, it’s not going to break the bank. We got ours with pepperoni, but you can get so many different toppings on it for an additional $1.49 each.
Piper loved it too!
Gavin also really liked it but was too busy playing and collecting tickets for me to get a picture of him enjoying it. You should hear the shouts of excitement when we tell this kid that he is going to Chuck E. Cheese’s. I mean, the look on his face pretty much says it all.
I love that my kids favorite place to play games now offers a pizza with a vegetable based crust. It’s also naturally gluten free! While Chuck E. Cheese’s will still offer their loved traditional gluten-free crust, this is another great option to get veggies into those picky eaters.
Did you know that you can even order Chuck E. Cheese’s food to be delivered at home by Door Dash? Their menu has become so amazing over the last few years people are taking their great pizzas to go!
EASY ARUGULA SALAD MAKES THE PERFECT SIDE
We got the Super Cauli Crust to go, and topped it with even more vegetables and then made a delicious and easy Arugula Salad recipe to go with it!
WHAT GOES IN AN ARUGULA SALAD
One of the things I love about adding this easy Arugula Salad recipe to a Chuck E. Cheese’s take out night is it’s simplicity. It only has a few ingredients:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
It doesn’t get a whole lot easier than that kids! It is even easy to throw it together. Start making it about 10 minutes before your Dasher is coming to your door and you will be enjoying an amazing side salad with delicious pizza in no time.
HOW TO MAKE AN ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE
The key to this arugula salad recipe is using the lemon juice to soften shallots and then turning that into a simple arugula salad dressing.
- Slice the shallot very thin. You can see the thin strips in my photos. You don’t have to be meticulous, but you don’t want to bite into a major chunk of shallot.
- Cover the shallots in a small bowl with lemon juice and wait 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, mix in the salt and pepper along with some olive oil until well combined.
- Finally, massage the dressing into the arugula in a large bowl. Working the dressing into the arugula leaves softens them and makes this salad perfection.
Then you just enjoy dinner!
Easy Side Salad
- 1 medium shallot sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (the juice of about half a lemon)
- 4 cups packed arugula
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste – see note)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- Put the thinly sliced shallots in the bottom of a small bowl, cover with lemon juice, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the shallots, whisking to combine.
- Add the arugala to a larger serving bowl. Pour the shallot, lemon, olive oil mixture over. Toss to combine. (I often use my freshly washed hands, massaging the dressing into the arugala).
- Enjoy immediately!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chuck E. Cheese’s . The opinions and text are all mine.