These Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots are the perfect easy side dish. They require about 10 minutes of prep time and just a few simple ingredients. They are flavorful and they will turn even the pickiest eater into a carrot lover. Serve them with some oven fried fish recipe or these amazing baked turkey meatballs! This honey glazed carrots recipe is simple enough to serve for a weeknight dinner but delicious enough to put next to your turkey and homemade stuffing at a holiday meal.
Did you guys know . . . . that Thanksgiving is NEXT. WEEK!?!?
WHAT?! How did that even happen. Wait. I’m 95% sure this is exactly how I started my post the other day for my Christmas craft, those Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones . . . . so clearly it still isn’t sinking in. We are just in the thick of life over here like all of you. Doing all the kids activities, birthday parties, making sure they understand their home work, going to parent teacher conferences. And then all the sudden you remember you are a food blogger and don’t have even close to enough Thanksgiving recipes up. The good news is that I heard Thanksgiving’s going to happen again next year too. ????
SO! If you missed it, I announced recently that I started a Facebook group. It’s a closed group, so you do need to request to join but once you are in, you will have an easy place to find all my latest recipes. The other great thing about it . . . . for me, is that it’s a place where you and I can chat more closely. So I can ask you things like, “What Thanksgiving recipes are you really looking for?” The answer to that one was a resounding: MORE SIDE DISHES.
ROASTED HONEY GLAZED CARROTS
That my friends, is why I made you these Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots. My Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a huge hit, so I wanted to make you a side dish that somewhat resembles that. This one is just as amazing because it combines brown sugar, honey, and butter. YUM!
A lot of recipes call for glazed carrots to be done on the stove top, but I was looking for a side dish that I could shove in the oven and move on to something else. These honey glazed carrots in the oven does the job!
HOW DO YOU MAKE HONEY ROASTED CARROTS?
This dish is seriously simple to make. The longest part of it is the peeling of the carrots. But if you want to just skip that and use baby carrots, be my guest!
- Melt your butter.
- Combine the butter, the honey and the brown sugar and whisk until fully combined. The warm butter will make the honey easier to whisk.
- Put the carrots in the baking dish and then top with the brown sugar and honey mixture. Stir to combine.
- Bake and stir once during the baking.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
TIPS FOR THESE BROWN SUGAR HONEY GLAZED CARROTS
- The biggest key to this recipe is not overcrowding your carrots in your baking dish. Use a nice 9 by 13 inch pan and make sure they are pretty much in a single layer.
- Another important thing is to not have your pieces too thick. If you have ends of carrots that are more than about a half inch thick, cut those guys in half.
- If you like your carrots to still have a little bite to them, cook for 30 minutes. If you want them completely soft, go for 40 minutes.
- This recipe is easy to cut in half if you are just having this for a weeknight dinner!
- Finally, as I mentioned above, if you just don’t have time to peel carrots, use baby carrots!
Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and cut into one to two inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tabelspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the butter, honey, and brown sugar.
- Add the carrots to the prepared baking dish, and then coat with the honey butter mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on how soft you like your carrots) and toss once in the middle of the baking time.
- Serve and enjoy warm.
More great side dish recipes