Honey Roasted Carrots are the perfect weeknight side dish, and delicious enough to serve at the holidays. No need to worry about how you will get your vegetables in with these simple roasted carrots.
I hear from readers often that they need more vegetable side dishes for their kids. I absolutely get it. Our number one way to get our kids to get vegetables is to cut them up at snack time and lunch time. After that we focus on incorporating them into dinner recipes our kids love, like these Italian Stuffed Peppers or Stir Fry Noodles.
But having a solid list of vegetable side dishes that you can serve with a main meat dish is critical in our house. You can feel great adding this roasted carrots recipe to the list.
With only 10 minutes of hands on time, it is a weeknight dinner win. With the deliciousness of these oven roasted carrots, you can spin this into a holiday side dish, which is another huge win.
What You'll Love About These Glazed Carrots
There is a lot to love when it comes to this recipe. The thing I love the most is that these are Oven Roasted Carrots. That means that after the quick prep time you can pop them in then oven and move on to something else! If it’s a holiday, have a cocktail with your guests.
How to Make Honey Roasted Carrots
- Start by cutting the peeled carrots into slices. Make sure to cut them relatively thin to cut down on baking time.
- Whisk together melted butter, honey, and sugar.
- Toss the carrots in the mixture and bake.
- Toss once more during baking and then enjoy!
You will notice in the pictures that the carrots are pretty thin and they are cut on an angle. The angle is just to make them look a little fancy.
Please focus on slicing your carrots thin. They should be about 1/4 inch thick. If you cut them a little bigger, you will just need to add in some roasting time.
I had reader ask me the other day about substituting honey because her husband is allergic. You could absolutely substitute maple syrup for honey in this recipe and make Maple Glazed Carrots. It will have a different taste, but it will still be delicious.
Make Fancy Roasted Carrots
If you want to really kick things up a notch, you can use carrots with stems still on. They make a beautiful holiday side.
- Cut the tops of the carrots off so that only an inch remains.
- Peel the carrots and leave them whole.
- Follow the rest of the recipe as instructed.
- Add 15 minutes to the roasting time.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to use a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. If your carrots are in a smaller pan and overcrowded, they won’t cook as well. They should be close single layer.
- Cut your carrots thin. As mentioned above, make sure you don’t cut your carrots too thick as it will impact cooking time.
- Replace the cut carrots with baby carrots. If you don’t have time to slice the carrots, you can make Roasted Baby Carrots with this recipe. Just add 15 minutes to the baking time.
This recipe is perfect for a family of 6 as a single side dish. If you are making this for a holiday where there will be multiple sides, it will serve closer to 10 people.
If you make these Honey Glazed Carrots or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tabelspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 salt
- dash of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the butter, honey, and brown sugar.
- Add the carrots to the prepared baking dish, and then coat with the honey butter mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 mintues, tossing once in the middle of the baking time.
- Serve and enjoy warm.