This Moscow Mule with Gin is the spin on your favorite cocktail you never knew you were missing. If you love Moscow Mules and you love gin, this is going to be your new favorite cocktail!
Looking for the original? Make my Original Moscow Mule!
Gin Spin on a Traditional Moscow Mule
A traditional Moscow Mule starts with vodka, has some lime and ginger beer in there. It is a classic cocktail served in a copper mug that you will love over and over again.
But if you are a gin lover, then this Moscow Mule with gin will be over the top for you. This Gin Gin Mule will capture your heart.
What do you Need to Make a Good Moscow Mule with Gin?
Fresh mint leaves start off this cocktail. Unlike the traditional Moscow Mule, we start by muddling some mint, much like you do in a Mojito.
Next we need some Simple Syrup. I love to use my own recipe, but you could always buy a bottle.
Add some lime juice into the muddling. You need the juice of about one lime. I love fresh, but you can use store bought too.
Finally, good quality gin and ginger beer. I use ginger beer with alcohol, but I’ve also used ginger ale in a pinch!
How do you Make this Moscow Mule with Gin Recipe
- In a mixing glass muddle together the mint, lime juice, and simple syrup. (If you are only making one cocktail, you can muddle right in your copper mug.)
- Add that to copper mugs filled to the brim with ice.
- Pour in your favorite gin.
- Top with ginger beer and give it a very light stir.
Other Moscow Mule Variations
- This MARGARITA MOSCOW MULE is a favorite of mine that I know you are going to love too!
- It doesn’t get a whole lot better than FROZEN MOSCOW MULES – a crazy viral recipe.
- And can we talk about this JALAPEÑO MOSCOW MULE for a minute?? It really is everything.
Moscow Mule with Gin
For One Gin Gin Mule:
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons simple sryup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 ounces gin
- 4 ounces ginger beer
For Four Gin Gin Mules
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup gin
- 16 ounces ginger beer
- In a mixing glass combine the mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime juice. Muddle together.
- Strain into a glass with ice and stir in the gin and ginger beer.