These easy Pan Fried Pork Chops are done in about 30 minutes. Classy enough to entertain with, but so easy they will become part of the monthly dinner rotation.
This easy pork chop recipe is going to be such a home run in your house! It is a recipe that Billy shared with me while I was working with him to learn how to make YouTube videos. (Sidebar: If you want to see how my first one went, it is in this Hummus Pasta post!)
I love this recipe because it is was enough to make for a weeknight meal, but truly looks and tastes fancy enough to entertain with. I shared this recipe with some of our neighbors and they LOVED it! I know your family will too.
If you tend to avoid pork because it is too dry or flavorless, you just need a good recipe for it. This one is perfection!
PAN FRIED PORK CHOP INGREDIENTS
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it has just five ingredients! That includes oil (but doesn’t include salt and pepper since I hope you all already have that).
- Salt & Pepper
- Boneless Pork Chops
- Vegetable Oil
- Chicken Stock
BUYING PORK CHOPS
There are lots of different types of pork chops out there, but for this recipe we are looking for a boneless chops.
You want to get a pork chop that is about an inch thick. And it is far more important that you get enough pork chops for each of your guests than the total pound amount.
WHEN IS PORK DONE
Because we are using a boneless pork chop, it is critical that we pay attention to the internal temperature so that our chops aren’t over cooked.
If you have had an overcooked pork chop, you know that it is kind of the worst. These pork chops are delicious and tender, full of great flavor because we are going to cook it to the exact right temperature of 145 degrees.
I love this meat thermometer. It is easy to use, and you can set it so that it beeps when you’ve hit the right temperature. Plus it’s affordable.
HOW TO MAKE PORK CHOPS IN A SKILLET
This recipe comes together very quickly in a skillet on the stove top.
- Season your pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- When the oil is smoking, add the pork chops and cook for about 4 minutes on each side to get a nice sear. Remove the chops.
- If your pork chops weren’t very fatty you may need to add a little more oil to the pan, about a teaspoon.
- Add in the sliced onions. You only need to cook them until they are the taste and texture you are looking for, about 5 to 8 minutes. The longer they cook, the sweeter they become.
- Whisk in a small amount of flour, and then the chicken stock.
- Put the pork chops back in the pan, making sure you add in all the drippings from the plate. Insert the thermometer and cook until they reach 145 degrees.
Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the article to get the printable instructions with all of the measurements.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH IT
This is a recipe that would be best with a side dish or two. T
My Baked Potato Wedges are perfect for this recipe. Only three ingredients and they come together in the oven with minimal prep.
These Easy Roasted Root Vegetables are full of great flavors that would pair very well with these pork chops.
This Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe is get with so many dishes. It would be a great fresh addition to this dinner.
MORE EASY STOVE TOP DINNERS
I love recipes that just come together simply on the stove top. Here are some of my favorites:
- My family loves this Szechuan Chicken recipe.
- We’ve been making my Butter Chicken a lot recently.
- And my Noodle Stir Fry has been getting rave reviews!
If you try this pork chop recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Pan Fried Pork Chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork chops The number of pork chops you have to serve who is eating with you is more important to this recipe than the total weight.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small onions sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Set a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and heat until it begins to smoke. Add the pork chops and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pork chops and set aside. Add the sliced onions to the pan. If your pork chops weren't very fatty, you may want to add another teaspoon or two of oil. Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour. Then add the chicken stock to the pan. Add the pork chops back to the skillet, being sure to add in all of the drippings that are on the plate.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees.