Simple Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies that are always a hit! These easy no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies only take 15 minutes to make, and everyone loves them.
If these look amazing but you are craving chocolate, make my Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.
If you are following me on Instagram, you saw over the weekend that my family did our annual trip to the corn maze. We had such a good time!
I’m officially in the sweet spot of parenting. They are out of diapers, but still want to spend time with me. I’m going to just sit back and savor that for a moment while giving you this sweet spot: Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER NO BAKE COOKIES
These cookies are so simple to make.
Start by melting butter, sugar, and milk together in a large sauce pan.
Stir consistently and bring the mixture to a boil.
Let it boil for one minute before removing it from the heat.
Remove from the heat and add the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
TIPS FOR PEANUT BUTTER NO BAKES
You are looking for a raging boil. We aren’t talking a few bubbles. You want to see a really foamy and frothy boil before moving on to your next step.
Stir continuously. This isn’t a recipe to walk away from.
Work quickly. Once the mixture has boiled and you are adding the other ingredients, move fast.
OLD FASHIONED OATS OR QUICK COOKING OATS
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies work out best with old fashioned oats. Quick cooking oats are broken down into small pieces and so your cookies aren’t going to have the same look or texture with them.
That said, if all you have is quick cooking oats, you can still make these and you will enjoy them.
FREEZING PEANUT BUTTER NO BAKE COOKIES
No bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies are perfect for freezing!
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper (or just use the sheet you used while making them).
- Line the tray with the cookies (they can touch each other).
- Put in the freezer for a half hour to an hour. Then take them out and transfer them to a freezer safe container, stacking them.
- Return to the freezer.
When you are ready to eat them, just leave them out until they thaw. Overnight usually does the trick.
ARE PEANUT BUTTER NO BAKE COOKIES GLUTEN FREE
In theory, yes. But it really depends on what types of oats you are using.
Technically oats are gluten free, but a lot of companies who produce them also produce other grains and therefore can’t guarantee no gluten is in their oats.
If you are making these for someone who cannot have gluten, make sure the packaging on your old fashioned oats guarantees they are gluten free.
OTHER GREAT TREATS
I love this no bake cookie recipe for gifting at the holidays, but I usually include an assortment. Here are some other great ideas!
- You can’t beat my Soft Cut Out Sugar Cookies. Its the recipe my mom used and they are a winner!
- My Bailey’s Fudge is such a fun treat to gift at the holidays.
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark is a fast easy recipe to give away.
- But our favorite every single year is my Mint Oreo Bark.
If you make these amazing peanut butter no bake cookies or any of my other recipes please leave me a comment and let me know. I love hearing from you!
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the granulated sugar, milk, and butter. Bring to a boil, while stirring consistently. It should be a roaring foamy boil before you move on to the next step.
- Boil for one minute while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Using a large spoon, spoon large spoonfuls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) of the mixture onto the waxed paper. Allow to cool completely. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.