These Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are a classic recipe that your whole family will love! Easy to make, six ingredients, and melt in your mouth good!
How are you?
We are doing our best here to stay positive, be smart, and look for the silver linings.
One silver lining (that sometimes needs a little polishing) is the time to do things with my kids. Like baking!
My kids LOVE helping in the kitchen, so I’m always on the hunt for easy baking (or in this case no baking) recipes that my kids can help with.
This great peanut butter bar recipe came from my grandma’s church cookbook. It’s a classic, and it’s delicious. Something perfect to do with your kids!
One of the best things about this recipe is how few ingredients it has
- Box of Graham Crackers
- Powdered Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- Use a food processor to crush the graham crackers. Another suggestion would be to put them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- In a large bowl, combine the graham crackers, powdered sugar, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined.
- Melt the remaining butter and chocolate together in a small bowl on half power.
- Pour the chocolate over the bars and allow to set, at least an hour in the refrigerator.
You’ll notice we are using powdered sugar and not granulated sugar. This is the best call because it incorporates so perfectly. With granulated sugar you’re more likely to get a gritty texture.
These would be great with Ritz crackers instead of graham crackers. Make certain you use unsalted butter.
You could swap out the topping for some chocolate frosting. Make sure your bars are chilled for easy spreading.
OTHER GREAR NO BAKE RECIPES
My S’mores Chocolate Bark is a viral recipe that everyone loves!
No Bake Baileys Chocolate Pie is another recipe that people go crazy for!
Easy Fudge is only THREE ingredients and the base for so many great fudge recipes.
If you need more peanut butter desserts, you definitely want to make my Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.
If you make these great Peanut Butter Bars, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
And as I’ve said before, if there is a recipe you are looking for right now, or something you think would be helpful please reach out!
Peanut Butter Bars
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs 14.4 ounces or 408 grams
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar 10 ounces
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips 6 ounces
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Using a food processor, grind the graham crackers to a fine crumb. (If you don't have a food processor, you could put the crackers in a sealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.)
- In a large bowl stir together the crumbs, 1 cup melted butter, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. It may be difficult to mix at first but will come together to be a thick dough.
- Press the dough into a 9 by 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and chocolate. Cook for 1 minute, at half power, stir very well. Microwave in 15 second intervals stirring very well in between until smooth. Pour over bars. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting.