Our White Wine Spritzer is the perfect low calorie summer drink! Made with just three ingredients, this is the cocktail you will want when the hot weather hits.
I love a great cold cocktail on a summer’s day. I love sitting on my deck with my husband at the end of a long day and chatting as we listen to the birds sing. This amazing White Wine Spritzer is the perfect cocktail for such an evening. Made with just a few simple ingredients and so refreshing, this will be your go to summer cocktail.
What is a Wine Spritzer
The most refreshing cocktail ever. But actually. It is a cocktail made with wine and sparkling water resulting in a bubbly and invigorating drink that has been loved for hundreds of years. It can be made with white wine, red wine, or rosé. Since this is a white wine spritzer recipe, we use white wine, but part of the greatness of this drink is being able to customize it and use what you have on hand!
How to Make a Wine Spritzer
These refreshing white wine spritzers come together quickly and with just three ingredients to satisfy your thirst in no time. To help keep your cocktail cold and fresh, make sure your wine and club soda are chilled.
- Divide the wine. Fill two glasses with ice and divide the wine between the two.
- Top with club soda and garnish. We use a ratio of about 3:1 for wine to soda. No need to measure, exact amounts aren’t crucial and will still produce a delicious drink.
- Squeeze in the lemon slice. This adds such a great background flavor and brightens up the cocktail. Then toss in some berries if using and enjoy!
The Best Wine For a Spritzer
Since wine is the base and makes up the majority of this cocktail, you want to make sure you use a bottle that you really enjoy the flavor of. My preference for this cocktail is a Pinot Grigio. It isn’t too sweet or too dry, and is amazing in this chilled cocktial.
Any kind of wine will work as long as it is nice and cold before you start. If you like sweeter cocktails, a Moscato or Riesling would be a good option. This spritzer would also be delicious with a Rosé.
Garnishing Your Cocktails
This spritzer cocktail can be served with a variety of fruit garnishes. I always serve mine with a lemon slice and then add other fruit depending on what I have and what season it is.
- Berries: Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Use frozen berries to help keep your drink cold!
- Frozen grapes
- Herbs: Fresh mint, basil, or even rosemary.
Other Refreshing Cocktails
If you try this white wine spritzer recipe or any of my other cocktails, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
White Wine Spritzer
- 12 ounces white wine chilled (read here for best wines for a spritzer)
- 4 ounces club soda chilled
- lemon slices for garnishment
- fresh berries (optional)
- Fill two wine glasses with ice. Divide the wine between the two glasses.
- Top the glasses with the club soda, and squeeze and add the lemon slice (and fruit if using) in the glass.
LEAVE A COMMENT