This Amaretto Sour Recipe is the classic cocktail that you love! With only three ingredients, this amaretto sour recipe is so easy to make, it is bound to be your regular go to!
Today I am so happy to share with you my most popular cocktail recipe. This Amaretto Sour is so much better than the version you drank as a college kid, and it is perfect for the holidays.
I am a huge lover of Amaretto, and I have a homemade version of it coming for you next week, but until then you will have to tide yourself over with this perfect Amaretto Sour recipe.
The reason that this recipe is so perfect is the Homemade Sweet and Sour Mix. It is surprisingly easy to make and just takes a few lemons and limes and a little bit of planning.
This drink tastes amazing!! I made it for Thanksgiving and it paired so well with my appetizers. My daughters loved it too.
In the past, I have ordered this drink at bars and restaurants. Making it at home has spoiled me – I will never be able to order one as good as I can make it myself thanks to your recipe!!!!
Making the Perfect Amaretto Sour Recipe
Amaretto liqueur is one of those bar cart necessities. It also happens to be one of my favorite flavors in cocktails.The rich, smooth almond flavor pairs beautifully with sweet and sour mix.
Occasionally, the Amaretto Sour Recipe gets criticized for being too sweet. Not so with this recipe! Use my easy to make Sweet and Sour Mix and you’ll get that perfect Amaretto Sour flavor every time.
Amaretto Sour Ingredients
- Sweet and Sour Mix: This is the ingredient that puts this cocktail over the top and makes it top notch. It’s so easy to whip up and can be used in a million different cocktails. Try it in this Best Margarita Recipe or this Strawberry Margarita.
- Amaretto: Make sure you have a delicious Amaretto liqueur on hand. Some popular brands are Disaronno or Hiram Walker.
- Lemon Lime Soda: Then some bubbly, refreshing lemon-lime soda. Any of your favorites will do such as Sprite or 7UP.
How to Make Amaretto Sour
With just three ingredients, this is one of the easiest drinks to make!
- Make Sweet and Sour Mix: In a pinch you can use the store-bought version, but I highly recommend my homemade mixture. It even keeps well in the freezer.
- The Perfect Ratio: For one cocktail, combine equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix in a class filled with ice.
- Top it Off: Add in the soda. I don’t measure here, I just add enough to fill the glass and add some carbonation.
Other Great Cocktails
If you make this Amaretto Sour or any of my other cocktails, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
- 1 1/2 ounces amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet and sour mix
- lemon lime soda like Sprite or 7UP
- In a glass filled with ice, mix together equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix.
- Top with sprite and enjoy!