This BLT Dip Recipe comes together with just four ingredients! It is the perfect easy party dip that everyone will love.
Love this recipe but want to make a warm version? Try my other BLT Dip.
This amazing and super easy BLT Dip recipe is another great recipe from my neighbor. She loves sharing her recipes with me and is the smartie behind that amazing Mandarin Orange Cake and the fantastic Pink Party Punch.
This recipe comes together easily, the ingredients meld together perfectly, and it will very quickly become a go to party recipe.
How to Make BLT Dip
- Cook the bacon. Cut the bacon into small pieces and then cook until it is just beginning to crisp. Remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Combine the ingredients. In a bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, and diced tomatoes.
- Taste the dip. You may, after tasting, decide to add a small amount of salt. Whether or not you add salt depends on how salty the bacon is and what you are serving it with – salty crackers will bring their own flavor.
- Serve the dip with lettuce cups, or with shredded lettuce on top and crackers.
A key step in this recipe is cooking the bacon to perfection. Be sure to dice your bacon before you cook it. When cooking it, watch it closely, and remove it from the pan just as it begins to crisp up.
We like to cook our bacon in a cast iron skillet. When it is finished cooking, remove it with a slotted spoon to eliminate some of the grease. Transfer it to a paper towel lined plate.
Using Low Fat Ingredients
If you want to cut some calories from this recipe, I suggest swapping the mayonnaise and sour cream for the low fat version of both. We’ve made it both ways and it is equally delicious. I would not recommend swapping to zero fat.
Serving this BLT Dip Recipe
Our preference for serving this BLT Dip is to add a little cut up Romaine lettuce on top for the L in BLT. Then we pair it with crackers or pretzel flats. Another great option that keeps this low carb is to use a spoon and leave lettuce cups next to it for serving.
Other Cold Party Dips
If you are looking for other great party dips, here are some of my favorites:
If you make this BLT Dip Recipe or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Cold BLT Dip
- 12 ounces bacon diced and then cooked until crispy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt see note
- Romain Lettuce for toping
- crackers for serving
- Cook the bacon in a heavy bottomed skillet until just browned. Using a slotted spoon remove it from the pan to a paper towel lined plate.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in the tomatoes and cooked bacon. Top with shredded lettuce and serve with crackers.
Mama C says
What size dish does this serve? My aunt had a recipe years ago and can’t locate it and it was served in 9×13…
Lisa Longley says
This recipe isn’t that big. This makes roughly 3 cups.