This Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid is a super easy and delicious dinner all wrapped up in a gorgeous crescent braid!
I love cooking from scratch, like in this Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. But, there are times – many many times – as a mom of young children, when taking short cuts is a life saver. I love that you can take short cuts in cooking and still put something on the family dinner table that you feel great about.
This Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid is exactly that.
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid
- Seamless Crescent Roll Dough
- Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream Cheese Cheddar Cheese
Tips and Tricks
If you can’t find seamless crescent roll dough, use the kind with the seams and gently push them together before you start cutting to make the braids.
If you would rather use homemade dough, you can use my pizza dough recipe for the outside. It won’t be flakey, but it will be delicious. Brush it with a little melted butter before baking.
If you aren’t sure how to make a crescent braid, check out the video that is in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. It shows you just how to get it done.
What to Serve on the Side
This is a great delicious recipe, but you will want to serve something on the side to go with it.
Here are a few suggestions:
- PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLI only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- THREE BEAN SALAD won’t take up any oven space.
- CHEESY POTATOES are ultimate comfort food.
Other Great Easy Dinners
If you like this crescent braid, you will love how easy my Taco Braid is!
My Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole is another great easy dinner.
My Turkey Meatloaf only takes a few minutes to throw together and is a crowd pleaser!
If you make this Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid or any of my other recipes please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I always love hearing from you.
Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the frozen veggies, cheddar cheese, and chicken. In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese and the condensed soup. Add it to the chicken-veggie mixture.
- Spread the crescent roll dough out on a silicon mat or parchment paper and place that on a baking pan. Leaving three inches in the middle, make cuts down the side of the dough an inch apart on both sides.
- Spread the chicken-veggie-soup mixture down the middle of the dough. Take a strip of dough from one side and fold it over the middle mixture. Then take a strip from the other side and fold it over the middle. Continue down the dough, alternating sides until it is completely folded over.
- Pinch the ends of the dough to keep the filling inside while it bakes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes so that the top is nice and golden brown.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting in to it.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.