Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is an easy side dish recipe that accompanies so many main dishes and is something the whole family will love!
The other night we had this delicious Parmesan Broccoli with my Easy Top Round Roast and my Roasted Baby Potatoes. It was so easy to make!
You guys. One of my kids had THREE helpings of it. It’s absolutely delicious.
HOW TO CUT BROCCOLI
Broccoli is a staple in our house. So I’m always cutting up a head of it. I also like buying a bag of cut up florets because it saves time. Though that option can be more expensive.
- Cut off the thick stem, we are just using the florets. (I love peeling off the thick skin, cut it into sticks and snacking on it as I make dinner.)
- Now cut the florets so they have minimal stems to them, no longer than about an inch or an inch and a half.
- For florets that are big, cut them in half or break them apart into smaller florets.
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLI
I love making roasted broccoli for my kids to go with spaghetti and meatballs. If I’m honest, I never measure, and after making this a few times you won’t either.
- Add the broccoli florets, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- Toss to combine. Toss it two more times than seems necessary to ensure it is fully coated.
- Pour everything onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a spatula to scrape out the bowl and get all the oil and seasonings onto the broccoli.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss with parmesan and enjoy.
TOSSING IN THE BOWL VS. THE PAN
If you want to save yourself from washing a bowl, you can 100% just toss the ingredients right on the baking sheet.
That said, I like tossing in a bowl first because I feel like it is easier to evenly coat all of the broccoli.
I’m going to get back on that old soap box of mine and ask you to please use freshly grated parmesan.
The difference between freshly grated parmesan and what you can get in the can are huge in terms of both texture and flavor.
That said, if having to buy a block of parmesan means you can’t make this because it isn’t in the budget, please make it and use what you do have! You will still really like it.
OTHER GREAT ROASTED VEGETABLES
If you can’t get enough of easy roasted vegetables, check out these recipes:
If you try this roasted broccoli or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about four medium heads of broccoli)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated is best
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour it onto the prepared pan, making sure to use a spatula to get all the excess oil and seasonings onto the pan.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the broccoil is soft and begins to brown. Toss once with a spatula during roasting.
- While still hot, toss the broccoli with the cheese. Serve and enjoy.
Gail Brownfield says
Hi, I am going to make this as a side for Christmas. The recipe has no quantity for the parmesan cheese. My guess would be 1/4 cup of cheese. Thank you and have a good day. Merry Christmas !
Lisa Longley says
Oh geez. Sometimes I wonder how I got so far. Yes! 1/4 cup. I just fixed it now.
So good, can’t stand it. Kind of eating that has stripped 30 lbs off of me since summer and it’s so good, earthly eating. I even leave meat off of dinner since it only me sometimes. Love raw fresh broccoli, and even thawed frozen aint bad done this way. I swear, though, that if I have to eat one more brussel sprout, I’ll throw myself under a truck.
Lisa Longley says
I’m so glad you like this one!