This Crockpot Chicken and Rice Casserole is just a few simple ingredients. A great easy recipe for weeknight dinners.
First, how are you all doing? I really mean that. I want to be creating recipes that make your life easier during these uncertain times. Please feel free to reach out to me and let me know what you’d like to see more of.
In the meantime, so many people have see my recipe for Instant Pot Chicken and Rice and asked of I have a slow cooker version. So here it is! It’s easy simple ingredients are perfect for right now.
I will be completely honest with you. I like the Instant Pot version better. It just cooks the rice better. But! After many attempts, I can say this recipe is delicious comfort food your kiddos will love.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is.
- Combine the diced chicken, rice, vegetables, spices, and broth on your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for four hours.
- Stir in the condensed cream of mushroom soup and frozen peas.
WHY WE DICE THE CHICKEN
We tried a few versions of this, and the best results were with diced chicken. It kept the chicken from drying out as we give the rice enough time to cook and become tender.
ADD THE SOUP AT THE END
The most important thing is that you add the condensed soup at the end. Adding it at the beginning will make your rice too mushy.
WHAT TYPE OF CONDENSED SOUP
You can use either cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup. Here’s the good news: I have a homemade recipe for both!
I really believe that you should be able to cook totally from scratch if you want to. And also that shortcuts are great!
The most important thing is that family dinners happen as much as possible.
Here is the homemade version to either:
I prefer the mushroom in this recipe, but you do you.
OTHER GREAT SLOW COOKER DINNERS
- Italian Beef – This recipe is BETTER than take out!
- Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup – A pantry meal where you can use frozen chicken.
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos – Only THREE ingredients!
If you make this easy chicken and rice casserole recipe, or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
And stay healthy my friends.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts diced
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup (you can also use condensed cream of chicken soup – see the post for a homemade recipe)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Spray your crockpot liberally with cooking spray.
- In the base of your slow cooker combine the rice, diced chicken, chicken stock, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. This recipe works best if you ar able to stir it once or twice while cooking.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir in the condensed soup, and the frozen peas. The peas will quickly come to temperature and be perfect.