This Crab Dip Cheeseball is so easy to throw together ahead of time, and is absolutely delicious! It’s going to be the first thing gone on the appetizer table!
How to Make a Crab Dip Cheeseball
This is a brief overview for how to make this delicious recipe. For the full recipe, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post or click the “jump to the recipe” button above.
- Combine the ingredients. In a bowl beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and garlic salt.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir in some diced onions, mozzarella, and crab.
- Roll it into a ball. I love doing this with plastic wrap. Then put it in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
- Coat the cheeseball. Finally, roll the cheeseball in green onions. See below for some other ideas for rolling.
Imitation vs. Real Crab
This is one of the most hotly debated topics on my Facebook page, right up there with me putting sugar in my spaghetti sauce. While I use imitation crab in this recipe for its affordability, you can absolutely use lump crab meat in this recipe as well. Both will work.
Cheeseballs for Parties
We love cheeseballs an appetizer around here, and we have so many great options below show below the recipe card. They all are loosely based on my Original Cheeseball Recipe. All of them are great ideas when you are hosting.
Other Cheeseball Coatings
If green onions aren’t your thing, you can coat this with many other things. Any of these will work. Try a combination of any of these great ingredients:
- Chopped pecans
- Parmesan cheese
- Cooked Bacon
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Roasted Red Peppers
Crab Dip Cheeseball
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bunch scallions diced small and divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup imitation crab shredded
- Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic salt.
- Then mix in 1 tablespoon of the diced scallions (reserving the rest), the mozzarella, and the crab.
- Place the mixture in the middle of a sheet of plastic wrap. Use it to roll the mixture into a bowl. Refrigerate for at four hours or until it is firm enough to handle.
- Once firm, roll into a ball and coat with the remaining scallions. Serve with crackers.