Ham and Cheese Sliders are the best solution for an easy dinner. These make the perfect party food, and will win over any crowd.
Sliders are my favorite easy recipe ever. They are layer upon layer of deliciousness. They take minutes to make, but can feed a dozen people. And the flavor possibilities are endless.
Ham and Cheese Sliders are a classic. Made on Hawaiian rolls and with the best sauce on top, these are going to be a huge hit no matter who you serve them to.
Ham and Cheese Sliders Ingredients
These come together with simple ingredients. The ingredients for the sauce are easy to keep on hand.
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Poppy Seeds
- Dried Minced Onions
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Swiss Cheese
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
These sliders are so easy to put together. Start by cutting the whole batch of rolls in half.
Add half of the ham, making sure that it is distributed evenly over the bottom of the rolls.
Add all of the cheese.
Add the rest of the ham.
Top with the top of the rolls.
Now pour the sauce over the top.
The Importance of Foil
These need to bake long enough so that the cheese gets nice and melted in the sliders that are in the middle of the pan. Unfortunately, if you bake them too long the top will burn.
This is why it is important that for the first (little more than) half of the baking time they are covered with foil.
Other Meats and Cheeses
I think that the flavors in this sauce work great with ham and Swiss cheese, but you could definitely use other meats and cheeses as well.
Here are some ideas:
- Roast Beef and Cheddar
- Turkey and Colby Jack
- Salami and Provolone
Types of Rolls
While I used Hawaiian Rolls in this recipe, I’ve made sliders using all types of roll. This dinner roll recipe is a great recipe to use if you want to make your own rolls.
How Many Sliders Per Person
If you use a package of 24 slider rolls, and you are serving this at a party with lots of other food and side dishes, I would count on 1 to 2 sliders per person.
At parties I host, most kids would eat one of these, and many of the adults would also only eat one. Think about who is coming, and what else you are serving.
Other Great Slider Recipes
If you love sliders as much as I do, try some of these other spins.
If you make this Ham and Cheese Sliders recipe, let me know what you think!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion (or 1 1/2 teaspoons onion power)
- 1 pound Hawiian Rolls 24 small or 12 large (my dinner rolls also work great)
- 1 pound deli ham thinly sliced
- 1 pound Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix togethr the butter, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, onion.
- Cut the rolls in half and put the bottom in the prepared baking dish. Top with half the ham. Add the cheese, and top with the remaining ham.
- Add the tops of the rolls and pour over the butter mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut and serve immediately.