This Margarita Milkshake is everything you love about your favorite margarita, in a dessert form. If the idea of tequila and ice cream together doesn’t sound normal to you, give it a try, you will fall in love!
How to Make a Margarita Milkshake
- Gather all of the ingredients: Pull out your ice cream, silver tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and vanilla ice cream.
- Pull out your blender: Blend everything together until smooth.
- Top and garnish: Add whipped cream and a little bit of lime zest.
Margarita Milkshake Ingredients
- Ice Cream: Use your favorite variety of vanilla ice cream.
- Triple Sec: Read more on this below.
- Silver Tequila: You can see our recommendations below.
- Lime Juice: We prefer fresh, but if all you have is bottled, go with that.
Triple Sec vs. Orange Liqueur
We tend to go with orange liqueur (like Cointreau) over Triple Sec. In general it is usually higher quality and higher alcohol content. That being said, if Triple Sec is what your budget can afford, go with that!
When going to purchase tequila, we recommend looking for a brand that is 100% agave. You can find something within any budget.
Other Boozy Frozen Treats
For summer cocktails, you can’t beat frozen drinks. Here are some of our favorites.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur or triple sec
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- Blend all the ingredients together. Top with whipped cream and lime zest.