This Midori Splice cocktail is the perfect tropical drink made with just four ingredients! Bright flavors come together in a chilled glass and are topped with a touch of cream for this inspired drink.
While spring in the Midwest is never easy, this year feels especially trying. It is around St. Patrick’s Day every year that I hit a wall and I’m just ready for sunshine and warm weather.
It isn’t here yet, which could be why I think this Midori Splice is the perfect mini escape. In a year full of virtual meetings, phone calls, and classes, should we take a virtual vacation with this amazing and delicious tropical drink?
Midori Splice Ingredients
- Midori: This melon flavored liquor brings a bright green color to this cocktail, making it perfect for our virtual St. Patrick’s Day vacation.
- Coconut Rum: I usually reach for Malibu, but grab your favorite brand. It pairs perfectly with the other ingredients.
- Pineapple Juice
- Heavy Cream: We are going to float a little heavy cream on top. This is optional, but it adds a fun little touch to this cocktail and it is delicious!
How Do You Make a Midori Splice?
- Combine four ounces of Midori, four ounces of coconut rum along with eight ounces of pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill two tall cocktail glasses with ice and pour the Midori Splice over the ice.
- For the cream, gently spoon the heavy cream on top.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple, cherries, whatever tropical fruit your heart desires.
- Close your eyes and dream of Hawaiian sunsets.
Other Tropical Cocktails
If you make this Midori Splice or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- 4 ounces Midori
- 4 ounces Rum
- 8 ounces Pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cream optional
- pineapple slices for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients, except the cream.
- Fill two tall cocktail glasses with ice. Pour the Midori Splice over the ice.
- Using a spoon (see photo above), gently pour the heavy cream on top of the cocktail. Garnish with a pineapple slice and enjoy!