This Watermelon Margarita recipe is refreshing, colorful and so delicious! Easily made two different ways, this will be your go-to cocktail all summer.
This Watermelon Margarita recipe is one of my favorite cocktails to serve on hot summer days, when the sun is high, temperatures are sweltering and when we’re all in need of a refreshing, sweet but not too sweet cocktail. Ripe red watermelon and tequila? Best combination ever! It just screams SUMMER to me! I love making a big pitcher of this cocktail and serving on the back patio with friends while we watch the kids play in the sprinklers.
Do you have a summertime go to cocktail? I’d love to hear your favorites! Drop me a comment below, and then whip up a batch of this delicious drink for yourself!
SUMMER MARGARITA WITH JUST FOUR INGREDIENTS
The best part of this simple cocktail? It comes together with just four simple ingredients! It could not be easier to make, and that’s why it’s in constant rotation around our place during the summer. You could easily make this as a kid-friendly drink too, just leave out the tequila. Here’s all you need:
- Ripe watermelon: Cut the watermelon into chunks, make sure all the seeds are removed.
- Agave syrup: This popular sweetener can be found in most grocery stores near the other sweeteners or in the natural foods section. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use honey or a bit of maple syrup. You can also make your own simple syrup which is easy to make and can be used in a million different cocktails.
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed, you’ll need the juice of one lime. Or you can use bottled lime juice.
- Tequila: You’ll need about three ounces for two cocktails. You can easily double or triple this recipe if you’re serving a crowd.
WATERMELON MARGARITA MADE TWO WAYS
I love this drink, not just because it is delicious, but because it can be made two ways!
- If you love slushy frozen blended drinks (and who doesn’t?) simply freeze watermelon chunks, then blend the frozen fruit along with the rest of the ingredients. **NOTE** To freeze watermelon, cut into cubes. Place in a single layer on a wax paper lined plate. Once completely frozen, transfer to an air tight container and store until you are ready to use.
- If you prefer your margaritas over ice, you can keep the watermelon either refrigerated or at room temperature, blend it with the other ingredients and serve it over ice cubes. They’re both easy and so refreshing!
MORE SUMMER COCKTAILS
If you love summertime sips, try some of these deliciously refreshing drinks:
- Pineapple Mojito
- Watermelon Rum Punch
- Pink Lemonade Vodka Punch
- Strawberry Margarita
- Red White and Blue Slushies
- Spicy Pineapple Margarita
I hope you LOVE this simple, refreshing and fruity watermelon margarita cocktail! It’s one of my very favorites, and I can’t wait to hear what you think. Please leave me a comment below, and let’s give three cheers to summertime!
- 2 cups frozen cubes of watermelon See notes
- 1 TBSP agave syrup
- 2 TBSPs lime juice
- 3 oz tequila
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth, divide between two glasses and enjoy.