This Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa comes together quickly to make a delicious, fresh, amazing dinner that everyone will love!
The marinade for this incredible grilled chicken has been in the works for a while. I am now OBSESSED.
The other day I was running on the treadmill and my wonderful husband asked me what I wanted for dinner . . . over text. So I sent him the recipe for this marinade and he made it, grilled up the chicken, and it was quite literally one of the best pieces of chicken I’ve ever eaten.
I love every recipe I post. Because if I don’t, it’s just not worth sharing with you. But this recipe is head and shoulders above the rest.
If you made my Pineapple Salsa that I posted the other day, you are already on your way to falling in love with this.
Marinating Chicken is a very simple way to add a lot of flavor to a dish. But there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Marinate your meat for at least 20 minutes, but no longer than 24 hours.
- If you marinate for too long, the meat with break down and become gamey.
- The acid in the lime juice is what helps penetrate just the first layers of the meat, which is what we are going for. A good marinade, should have some acid, like vinegar, lime juice, or lemon juice.
- Always discard any remaining marinade.
- Always marinate your meat in the refrigerator.
GRILLED CHICKEN MARINADE
The marinade for this chicken pairs so perfectly with the salsa that goes on top. Typically you want some sweet element in your marinade, but because of the sweetness of the pineapple, you really don’t need anything.
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Despite it’s simplicity, the flavors in this blend together like magic!
You could absolutely do this recipe with other meat! I have done it with skirt steak, and it was fantastic. Just swap out the chicken for a pound of something else. Shrimp would be amazing too!
The star of this show is really the Pineapple Salsa. It marries with the simple marinade of the chicken so wonderfully. And it only takes about 10 minutes to make!
Oddly, even though this is my recipe, I was Oooohing and Ahhhhing as I ate it, thanking Nathan over and over for grilling up the perfect chicken.
My Pineapple Salsa recipe details how to make it. It also goes over things like:
- How to Pick the Perfect Ripe Pineapple
- How to store Cilantro
- How to cut a Jalapeño
You definitely want to check out that post.
HOW LONG TO GRILL CHICKEN
One of the things I love about this recipe is how quick it comes together even with a marinade.
Grill the boneless skinless chicken breasts for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees.
If there are only two of you, this recipe is plenty on it’s own and you won’t need to make anything else.
This recipe works as a meal for a family of four, with some additional sides. Some suggestions are:
- My Cilantro Lime Rice, pictured here, is perfect with this recipe.
- If you are trying to eat a little healthier, try my Cilantro Lime Quinoa!
- I love my Guacamole, and that with some chips would make a great side dish here.
- My Cowboy Caviar 100% counts as a side dish. Do it.
If you make this Grilled Chicken Breast or any of my recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 pound chicken breasts (It can be a little over or a little under a pound)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups pineapple diced (about 1 small pineapple)
- 1 large jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade, the oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Place in a reusable container. Add the chicken, and make sure it is compltely covered with the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, mix togethr the ingredients for the pineapple salsa, the pineapple, jalapeno, lime juice, red onion, salt, and cilantro.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Add the marinated chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Serve the chicken with the pineapple salsa, and enjoy!