This Strawberry Salad Dressing is made from very easy to find ingredients and is perfect for all your summer salads!
Strawberry Salad Dressing is easy to make and is the perfect addition to so many different salads. I love this on my Strawberry Bacon Salad, but it would be perfect over so many different combinations of greens and fruit.
Love it have been making it all summer!
How to Make Strawberry Salad Dressing
- Blend fresh strawberries. In a food processor or blender, combine fresh strawberries that have the greens removed and have been cut in half with orange juice, red onion, honey, and salt.
- Slowly blend in the olive oil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Depending on how you like your dressing you may want to add more honey or salt. Both can help in balancing the tartness in this recipe.
- Add in poppy seeds. Remove the dressing from the blender, and transfer it into the container you will store it in. Add in the poppy seeds and shake to combine.
No! If you are watching your sugar intake, skip the honey. Depending on the ripeness of the strawberries, it might not be as sweet as you’d like, so you can always add in a sugar substitute like monk fruit.
Yes! This is a great place to use frozen strawberries. Just thaw them before blending everything together, and cut back on the amount of orange juice you use to 1/4 cup.
Definitely not. I love altering salad dressings to my liking. That is half the fun of making them at home.
How to Use Strawberry Dressing
As mentioned above, this would be great over lots of greens and fruit, but here are a few recipes I really think you will love it on:
If you make this Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Strawberry Salad Dressing
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Add the strawberries, orange juice, onion, honey and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Slowly blend in the olive oil until just combined. Taste and add more salt or honey as desired.
- Pour into a mason jar, add the poppy seeds, cover and shake to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within one week of making.