This post is sponsored by Knorr® but all opinions are my own.
This Alfredo Chicken Casserole is a simple 25-minute dinner that is perfect for a busy weeknight! Something even your picky eaters will love!
I think this has been the year that has proven to my husband and I that no matter how prepared we are, no how many menus we plan out, sometimes life has other plans. There has never been a year when we need fast and easy dinners more.
This Chicken Alfredo Casserole made so easy with Knorr Pasta Sides is just such a recipe. Knorr sides are so easy to keep on hand. With just a few other simple ingredients you are able to throw together a meal that your kids will love. This Chicken and Rice Casserole was a hit and so was this fast Taco Casserole!
Keeping Knorr sides on hand makes it so easy to have dinner wins. They make these fast skillet meals possible, and they are the perfect sides for dishes like my Baked Chicken Thighs or my Chicken Tacos! This month at Meijer you can get everything you need for these fast dinners, plus if you use your mPerks you’ll be able to Buy 4 and get 1 Knorr side free. Cheers to always having these dinners in your back pocket!
“You recipes are consistently great, but last night’s Chicken Alfredo Casserole was an over-the-top, OMG, best-ever, head of the requested list, HIT! Thanks so much for a fantastic meal during a tough week.”
How to Make Alfredo Chicken Casserole
It doesn’t get much easier than this fast chicken Alfredo.
- Cook chicken in a skillet.
- Add in milk, chicken stock, and the Knorr Alfredo Pasta Sides.
- Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Top with cheese and pop it in the oven for a few minutes.
I like to take this easy dinner over the top by adding more fresh Parmesan, diced tomatoes, and parsley.
Cooking the Chicken
One of the keys to this recipe is how we cook the chicken. We are cutting it into bite sized pieces. I love cooking chicken this way because it makes it so easy for my kids to eat dinner.
Because the pieces of chicken are so small, it will be easy for them to get overcooked. To prevent that, we are going to cook them in the oil for just two minutes before we add in the pasta. The chicken will finish up cooking with the rest of the dish, making it perfectly moist at the end.
This recipe calls for both Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. I highly recommend that you shred your own cheese. Not just for this recipe, but for all recipes. Pre shredded cheese does not melt the same way that block cheese does. Since this is such a fast meal, take the extra few minutes to shred your own.
Toppings and Add Ins
I like topping this recipe with diced tomatoes, extra shredded Parmesan, and some fresh parsley. You could also throw in a little broccoli at the beginning with the chicken for some added vegetables. Or you could wilt some spinach at the end of this recipe before topping it with cheese. That would be delicious too!
Alfredo Chicken Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5.5 ounces Knorr Alfredo Pasta Side
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shredded
- fresh tomatoes diced
- fresh parsley diced
- Set a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat through. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, just until it begins to cook.
- Stir in the chicken stock, milk, and Knorr Alfredo Side dish. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat (so that bubbles are still visible, but the heat is low), and cook uncovered for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan and put in the oven under a broiler set on low for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Top with fresh tomatoes and parsley and enjoy.