This post is sponsored by Knorr® but all opinions are my own.
This Skillet Taco Casserole is a simple one pot 25-minute dinner full of flavor that your whole family will love. This meal is perfect for busy weeknights.
We are back in the full swing of school days, and while life is a little different this fall, it feels incredibly busy. You all know how much I love cooking from scratch, but sometimes lifesaving short cuts are really helpful!
You can’t get much faster than a 25 minute dinner without it coming from a drive through. This Taco Casserole is a much better alternative to the drive through. It is less expensive and has a lot more flavor!
This easy Taco Casserole uses Knorr Spanish Rice Side Dish as a great short cut to make it come together quickly. We use just a few other ingredients to round out this delicious recipe and get it on the table fast.
Knorr Sides are prefect for rounding out a dinner at home. Their delicious rice and pasta sides would be great with my Slow Cooker Whole Chicken or my Top Round Roast Recipe. They fill out the table while still keeping dinner time easy.
Knorr Sides come in so many different flavors, which make them the perfect easy side dish for tons of recipes. When you are pinched for time, but don’t want to be short on flavor, they are the best solution. Plus! I love that they make pasta sides too that are rich, creamy, and delicious.
This month, Meijer is running a deal on Knorr Sides so you can always have some on hand. You can use them so easily to make quick dinners or round out other dinners. Get 10 for $10 there from 9/10 to 10/3. And using your mPerks from 10/4 to 10/11 you can buy 4 and get one free.
Easy Taco Casserole Ingredients
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how simple the ingredients are.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Diced Tomatoes
- Beef Stock
- Knorr First Taco Rice Sides
- Black Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Cheddar Cheese
You can really make this recipe a breeze by making a big batch of my Taco Seasoning recipe. We always have a big container of it on hand to make dinners like this easy.
If you don’t make your own, you can definitely buy a packet of taco seasoning. The amount called for is the same as what you find in a store bought packet.
Shred Your Own Cheese
If you have been following me for a while, you know that I’m passionate about cheese. I mean, it’s an easy thing to get passionate about.
I always advocate for buying block cheese and shredding it. It performs so much better in recipes than pre shredded cheese. Since this recipe is so quick, you will have plenty of time to shred it. I recommend shredding the cheese while the whole dish is simmering for 7 minutes.
We are adding the frozen corn right at the end of the dish. The heat from the dish will thaw it perfectly. If you add it earlier, it will become very overcooked.
You also could stir in canned corn at the very end. Whichever you use, adding it at the end results in great consistency and taste.
Other Great Skillet Dinners
Looking for more quick dinners? Aren’t we all. Try these!
Skillet Taco Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or one store bought packet)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 14.5 ounces low sodium beef stock
- 5.5 ounces Knorr Fiesta Spanish Rice Sides
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Set a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, and break up, cooking until just browned, about 4 minutes. Drain the fat from the pan and return the pan to the heat.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, beef stock, taco seasoning, and Knorr Taco Seasoning Rice Side dish. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat (so that bubbles are still visible, but the heat is low), and cook uncovered for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Stir in the black beans and frozen corn. Stir in the cheese in two to three batches, allowing it to melt as you stir it in.
- Serve and enjoy!