This Fall Salad with apples and pecans is perfect for autumn! This salad, made with delicious honey mustard dressing, is a great holiday side dish or just a hearty lunch.
I am so excited for this amazing Fall Salad Recipe! It has the perfect combination of flavors and textures and then is topped with delicious Honey Mustard Dressing. It is the perfect recipe for your apples from apple picking.
Made with some simple ingredients, I know this is going to be a favorite recipe. It is delicious enough to entertain with at a holiday or a party, but it is simple enough that you could take it with for lunch. Plus, I have lots of variations so you get the exact flavors you are looking for.
How to Make a Fall Salad
This salad is as simple as dicing up a pear and some apples and tossing it with salad greens. Be sure to see the substitutions and variations below.
I made my own Honey Mustard Dressing to go with it. I love making homemade salad dressings because you can control the flavors of it so easily.
Honey Mustard Dressing
As mentioned, I made my own salad dressing for this recipe. It comes together simply with ingredients that I always have on hand. Like most dressings it is a balance of oil and an acid. Here we are using lime juice.
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Substitutions and Variations
- Swap out the Blue Cheese: Not everyone is a fan of blue cheese. You can easily take that out and add in feta cheese instead.
- Change the Pecans: If you can’t find walnuts or they don’t apeal to you, use walnuts instead.
- Mix up the Apples: I love Gala Fuji and Jonathan apples in this, but you can use what you have.
- Add in Bacon: Looking for another great flavor to add to this salad? Pop in some bacon!
What to Make with this Fall Salad
When you round this recipe out with a few other ideas, it can be a meal to entertain with! Try serving it with:
If you make this great salad recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Apple Pecan Fall Salad
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 apple I love Jonathan, Fuji, or Gala for this salad, diced
- 1 pear diced
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup blue cheese read about substitutions here
- 1/2 cup salted pecans
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a mason jar, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and then shake to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients. Toss to combine. Serve with the dressing on the side.