Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are the best I have ever had! Creamy, buttery, cheesy and made completely in the slow cooker. So simple!
These Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are everything you want in a side dish: creamy, cheesy, totally lump free, packed with flavor, and really really easy! I love serving them for Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, even just on a weeknight with my easy Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies. They are so simple that I feel like this is the only way I will ever make mashed potatoes again.
Have you added cheese to your mashed potatoes? What’s your favorite? Drop me a comment below and let’s share ideas!
ONE POT CROCK POT MASHED POTATOES
Truly a one pot wonder, these mashed potatoes are made totally and completely in the crock pot. No other mess, no waiting for potatoes to boil, and no draining hot potatoes in the sink. Here’s what to do:
- Cut up some red potatoes into bite size pieces (you don’t even have to peel them!)
- Add some creamy Horizon butter (we love Horizon products around here, so rich and delicious!)
- Next, pour your favorite chicken stock or broth in over the potatoes
- Add some garlic and onion powder, salt and throw in some fresh garlic for good measure.
- Let those sweet little spuds cook in the Crock Pot on high for a few hours until the potatoes are nice and tender.
- Once they’re soft, blend the potatoes up in right in the slow cooker using a hand mixer.
- Finally, mix in the Horizon heavy cream and white cheddar cheese. It could not be easier.
- And if you are like me, you don’t even transfer them to a plate, you just eat them straight out of the crock pot.
LET’S TALK ABOUT THE CHEESE
You guys? There’s a whole brick of Horizon cheese in these mashed potatoes. And I don’t even feel bad about it, not one bit. In my opinion, mashed potatoes are not when you want to cut corners. The more flavor the better! I’m totally in love with Horizon’s new White Cheddar, which is full of delicious flavor and melts perfectly. The creamy, tangy cheese made these potatoes totally irresistible. White cheddar cheese is delicious in tthis lasagna recipe, and it made this breakfast braid perfect for your brunch table. I just want to eat a brick straight.
MORE EASY THANKSGIVING SIDE DISH RECIPES
- Homemade Stuffing
- Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Spinach Balls
These are my go to mashed potatoes from here on out, and I hope they are for you too. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! And for more easy and tasty Thanksgiving ideas, be sure to follow Horizon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Horizon unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup Horizon heavy cream
- 8 oz Horizon white cheddar shredded
- In a large slow cooker, combine the potatoes, chicken broth, butter, and seasoning. Cook on high for four to four and a half hours until the potatoes fall apart easily when pressed with a fork.
- Keep the slow cooker on high until the following steps are complete.
- Blend the potatoes with a mixer right in the slow cooker until smooth. Blend in the shredded cheese, stirring until melted. Then stir in the heavy cream and serve warm.
I’m so happy to be partnering with Horizon to bring you this amazing mashed potato recipe! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.