These Easy Bacon Cheddar Biscuits are so simple that you can perfectly throw them together right before serving your meal! Savory, gooey and oh so yummy!
These Easy Bacon Cheddar Biscuits are a simple riff on my Fast Easy Biscuits and just as delicious! Perfect for serving alongside soups, salads, main courses, just about anything at all. They come together in no time so you can whip them up just before dinner and you’ll look like a star chef!
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
One thing I love about these biscuits is that they are foolproof. They are SO EASY to make, my kids could make them! Here’s all you need:
- First, cook up some bacon, then chop into bite sized pieces
- Mix together some flour, baking powder, baking soda, some sugar and some salt.
- Add some super cold buttermilk and melted butter, and stir together with the dry ingredients.
- Finally, stir in the bacon bits and shredded cheese.
- Bake, brush with melted butter and serve!
How to Make Your Own Buttermilk
No buttermilk? No problem! You can easily make a buttermilk substitute that will work perfectly in this recipe. Simply add a tablespoon of either lemon juice or vinegar to a cup of milk, and you have instant buttermilk! It’ll taste delicious in these biscuits.
What to Serve With Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
These biscuits will work on a traditional Thanksgiving table as well as a weeknight soup supper. Try serving them alongside any of these dishes:
- Crockpot Chili
- Creamy Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Ham and Pea Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Oven Fried Fish Recipe
Easy Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- 12 pieces of bacon cooked and broken into small pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk cold
- 8 TBSPS melted butter cooled slightly (plus 2 more TBSPs for brushing)
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicion mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk the buttermilk and melted butter. It will start to clump together, as the cold buttermilk drops the temperature of the butter.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients just until it starts to pull away from the side.
- Then gently mix in the cooked bacon and shredded Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese
- Using a well greased 1/4 cup measure, drop just less than a quarter cup of batter onto the baking mat keeping an inch and a half between biscuits. You may have to bake in two batches.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until they are golden brown, rotating the pan half way through
- Once you finish baking, brush with melted butter, transfer to a cooling rack and serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.