This Hamburger Seasoning comes together with simple ingredients that you can already find in your pantry. Add it to your hamburger patties for the best hamburger seasoning! Make a big batch and have it on hand all grilling seasoning.
We are in the thick of grilling seasoning, and I am obsessed with grilling my family dinner more than I have been in the past. I love throwing hamburgers and hotdogs onto the grill along with some corn and other grilled vegetables. The other night I made foil packet cauliflower and it turned out SO amazing. But if you are going to have hamburgers once a week on the grill, you are going to need the best hamburger seasoning to go with it. No worries, I’m here to help.
My newest joy in life is coming up with super simple recipes that contain super simple ingredients and leave you feeling so happy about the dinner you created in your kitchen. This hamburger seasoning recipe totally fits the bill.
WHAT GOES IN A HAMBURGER SEASONING RECIPE
The best part about this recipe is it is made with seasonings that I bet you already have on hand in your pantry. The second best thing about this recipe is that you only need a little bit of each seasoning to create a hamburger seasoning mix that you can keep on hand and use over and over.
What you need:
- brown sugar
- onion powder
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
HOW YOU USE HAMBURGER SEASONING
After you mix up your seasonings, this guy will keep in an airtight container for six months. Additionally, you make enough that you can use it on 9 pounds of hamburger meat. So that is 9 times of grilling out, or 36 hamuburgers.
- Once you make your hamburger patties, you want to use one tablespoon of this seasoning on them. Just gently rub the seasoning onto each side of the burgers.
- I typically use 1 pound of 80/20 ground chuck to make four burgers that are gently indented in the middle for best grilling.
- The brown sugar and the seasoning crisp up on the outside of the burger making for such a great flavor and delicious burger.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED HAMBURGERS
I have so many amazing recipes that would be perfect on the side of a grilled hamburger!
- ARUGULA SALAD: This is a recent recipe, and I’m kind of obsessing over it. Only five ingredients!
- STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD: This is a really popular recipe, and for good reason; it’s delicious and easy. That dressing though!
- GREEK PASTA SALAD: If you aren’t really feeling leafy greens, make this! It’s easy and one of those recipes you will come back to over and over.
If you make this hamburger seasoning or any of the recipes listed here, please be sure to leave me a comment letting know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To use on hamburgers, dived one pound of 80/20 ground chuck into four equal patties, indenting the middle for easier cooking.
- Use one to two tablespoons (total for a pound of meat) of the hamburger seasoning and gently rub it into both sides of each hamburger patty. (Alternatively you could mix 1 to 2 tablespoons into the meat.)
- Grill the patties over medium heat for 3 1/2 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
- Store the rest of the mixture in an airtight container for up to six months.